Mr Kingston's Roommate|31

Blake's POV
Unsuspected thanks

Shifting my hands away from her face that was plastered onto me, I squirmed in my seat and anxiously peered out of the plane's window and down onto the grassy field beneath us. I breathed a sigh of relief when the pilot assured us we would land in about five minutes.

I turned back around to face Erika who was sleeping peacefully next to me. Her arms were wind up in mine and her blonde hair tousled over her face. I wanted badly to remove her from my body and curl up into myself but I wasn't that heartless.

I mean the girl has her regrets as well and she's done some shit before but I won't let her ruin her relationship with her husband because she's going through that phase where she thinks she still loves me.

If they ever have to get a divorce I just hope it doesn't involve me in any way possible.

I already got my heart broken and I'll be damned if I witness anyone getting theirs broken just as bad as I did.

Erika was my first love, my first everything. First kiss, first hug. She was my best friend and I vowed to marry her when I was younger. When we finally began dating at the tender age of fifteen, I and along with everyone else - as in our parents and our friends - thought we were going to marry each other and grow old with one another.

It was always my dream to marry the girl who meant more to me than I meant to my own self. My love for her was deeper than anything I've ever experienced before that, but that all faded away a year ago when she left me at the altar. 

At first, I was angry and heart broken that she humiliated me in front of everyone, then I thought it was understandable that she didn't want to marry at such a young age.

She broke up with me, and I was torn. I thought we'd find each other one day, I thought we'd finally be together but then not even a few months later, she was engaged to be married by another man. 

I had every reason to hate him. Every single reason because he stole the person who meant the world to me. The only thing was; he never knew about Erika and I till we met one day under very peculiar circumstances and I gave him a piece of my mind. 

 I wanted to tear the guy apart but he exhumed nothing but compassion and understanding of my feelings. Despite him also cheating on her with me and lying, he told me he loved her as well. I couldn't do anything about it because I knew what it was like to love her.

I knew that no matter what she did he'd always love her and that was the case for me. 

At least, that was until I met Leila.

"Ladies and gentleman, please unbuckle your seatbelts and prepare to exit the plane. It is now five twenty pm, welcome to Scotland." 

I sighed a breath of relief and lightly shook Erika awake. She stirred in her sleep, still not peeling her eyes open as she responded with a few murmurs. "Erika," I mumbled as I nudged her in the arm firmly. Her eyes flew open and she shot up from my shoulder, snapping her head around her in confusion.

When I finally got her fully awake, we unloaded our carry on bags and exited the plane and into the terminal. Erika remained silent beside me, she appeared to be still asleep yet awake as we stumbled through the airport, navigating our way towards our suitcase pickup.