Mr Kingston's Roommate|24

Leila's POV

I broke Blake Kingston

He staggered towards me, blood pouring from his mouth, gushing over his shirt as he outstretched his trembling hands towards me, mumbling incoherent words from his bloody lips.

I tried to move, but I was cocooned in the arms of two men, trapping me beneath their vice grip, not willing to let go. I cried out to my brother, my arms flailing before me as I reached out to him, begging for him to just take my hand.

He continued staggering towards me, his ashy white eyes peering deeply into my soul as he wheezed out for help. And then he went crashing onto the floor, blood flowing down his head like a crack in a dam, pooling around his limp body.

The arms around me, holding me back had loosened, giving me an opening to slip away from them just as he went down. I tumbled onto my knees, wails escaping my lips into the dark night that crept upon us. cocooning us in its dark blanket.

And I cried out to him, hoping he would know that I was sorry.

I shot up from my bed, wide-eyed, beads of sweat rolling down my face profusely as I looked around the room aimlessly. I clutched my chest tightly, finding it impossible to breathe as I leaned against the headboard, racking my brain as to why my nightmares came back.

Every time I think I'm getting better, I just bounce right back, it's like I take one step forward but two steps back. Maybe this has a meaning to it? Maybe I need to finally cut certain people out of my life, but I already did.

Reese, my mother. . . but not my dad.

Or maybe I'm going about this all wrong. These people, I haven't forgiven them for what they did to me, I just accepted the pain and moved on, trying my hardest to forget about them. Maybe what I need to do is forgive them, confront them one on one and then I'll be able to move on.

If I don't do this, I know I'll be riddled with nightmares every night, and my healing process will forever move forward but an anchor of pain, betrayal and anger will weigh me down, preventing me from getting to the end of the tunnel.

So I'll just keep pushing myself forward, but I won't really be going anywhere.

I slipped off my bed, sighing deeply when I realized Blake's bed was empty. I slipped on my bedroom slippers and sauntered into the kitchen, not really expecting there to be anything to eat until my eyes fell onto the yellow sticky note perched up on the fridge.

Good morning, Brat. Knowing you, you most likely woke up a mere 15-20 minutes before class, so I suggest you eat the breakfast I left this morning very quickly, take a bath and get down to class before the lesson begins. If I am right, you just wasted 45 seconds to 1 minute of your time reading this. See you in class :)

Your master, Blake Kingston.

Fifteen minutes? What is he a magician? There's no way in hell I woke up fifteen to twenty minutes before class, Blake cannot be that accurate. I flickered my eyes to the clock sitting on the fridge, still finding it impossible to believe that Blake was this accurate.

But when I realized it was indeed twenty minutes to eight, I discarded the sticky note and propelled across the kitchen, searching frantically for the breakfast he claimed to have left. Why do I refuse to set an alarm to wake up? Why does Blake refuse to set an alarm as well!?

He would do it all the time a few months ago, but I'm suspecting it was of malicious intent since he would set his alarm for 6 every morning and his volume would be all the way to the max. Ever since we got on one another's good side, I haven't heard his alarm once.