Mr Kingston's Roommate|23

Leila's POV
Love is like a flower

"We should go do something. I've already decided what my next lesson and assignment for the class will be, and I've already corrected every assignment from last Monday's lesson. I need a break, and I think you do too." Blake said as he lowered his book from his eyes and onto his lap.

"I don't know. . ." I trailed off, teasing him as I flickered my eyes in his direction, giggling at the pout that slipped on his lips. He crawled towards me, his frown deepening as he lowered his head down onto my stomach, "please? I'm begging you! We can just go for a stroll in the park, nothing dramatic."

I ran my fingers through his hair, caressing his scalp and watching silently as he flickered his eyes shut, "okay, but you're gonna help me study for my graphic design class. I'm not failing, especially on your account." 

"Deal!" He exclaimed as he propped himself onto the palm of his hands. He leaned down and peppered my cheek with kisses, "take your books, we can study there. I just feel like this room is depressing. I'm already depressed teaching you people, I don't need this."

"You people!?" I exclaimed loudly, my hands flying over my chest in mock hurt. He flashed me a smile and slipped off the bed, grabbing my hands in his grasp to pull me off with him. With a defeated huff, I shoved my books into my bag and hiked it onto my shoulder.

I was already dressed for outside so I didn't bother changing my clothes. Blake slipped on his shoes and motioned towards the door, "come on, ma'lady!" I followed in suit behind him, out the door and towards the elevator. 

Per usual- eyes followed us everywhere we went. I mean how often do you hear of a professor and student living together? Never, you never hear it and the school's dean didn't even bother to hide this. I mean, I'm not complaining but still.

"Blake, won't people think it's weird seeing me enter your car! I mean come on, you're still a professor." I whisper yelled as we tumbled out of the elevator and into the student's lounge. He flashed me a smile and slipped on a baseball cap.

"Brat."

"Blake?" 

"How old am I and how old do I look?"

"You're 21, Blake and you look 21 as well."

"Exactly." He exclaimed as we walked out of the student's lounge and onto the sidewalk leading towards the parking lot. "Yeah, but people know who you are! And they know what you look like, you're the youngest professor here, you're kind of like a celebrity to these students." 

"You don't think I worry about that too? But I don't dig horrors Leila, and I don't want the possibility that this will lead to my downfall get in the way of my happiness, it may be temporary, it may not. . .but I like this." 

I pursed my lips in a thin line, wondering if I should have been flattered by what he just said or not. Silently, we made our way towards his car and he unlocked it, allowing me to slip into the passenger seat. "What do you think will happen if we get-"

"I'll get fired."

"Blake-"

He snapped his head towards me and my breath hitched in my throat at the intensity on his face. He looked as if he were hovering between doing the moral thing and not breaking the unwritten rule but also doing what makes him happy.

"I don't want to think about that, not right now. Okay? So can we please drop it?" I nodded my head in understanding and he flashed me a comforting smile before twisting his key in the ignition and rolling out of the parking lot.