Mr Kingston's Roommate|08

Edited

Leila's POV
Initiating Lockdown

I slowly peeled my eyes open once it became increasingly hard to withstand the sunlight shining directly onto them. Blake insisted I kept his sheer curtains over the window and the result of that was me suffering every morning because the curtains aren't dark enough to withhold the light.

I outstretched my hands, hoping to relieve the tension coursing through my body. However; I did not anticipate the events that followed. When my hand landed on something soft, I tilted my head in its direction, praying silently that it was just an incredibly soft pillow.

But it wasn't.

It was Blake.

Blake freaking Kingston.

I slapped my hands over my mouth in hopes that it would strangle the gasp that threatened to burst through my lips. My eyes grew wide and my once steady beating heart suddenly began to palpitate beyond normalcy. Blake was laid beside me, his face just inches away from mine.

Up close I could see what appeared to be faint freckles dotted against his rosy cheeks. I never realized he had them up until now and I can't deny that they're cute. His lips parted then gently pierced shut against one another with each breath he took. My gaze slid up to his fluttering eyelids and I marvelled at the length of his majestic lashes.

Why do men have such nice lashes?

I can't lie and say that I'm not tempted to touch them or his lips or nose and hair. The sunlight that shined through the window did his features justice and I wondered whether or not my pounding heart was the result of that or the fact that I'm lying beside him. How did this even happen!?

I peeled my hand away from my mouth and lowered it down on the bed to pull myself into a sitting position. As I did so, my eyes never averted from Blake's face. I'm praying that by the time I roll off this bed, he'd still be fast asleep or sleepy enough to not mention our current predicament.

But alas, my wishes never seem to come to past. Because the moment I sat upright, Blake's eyes flew open as if it were an automated response to my sudden movement. Startled, I pushed myself away from him, trying to create as much distance between us two. But, I miscalculated the remaining space on the bed and went tumbling off, landing on the rugged floor with a loud humph.

Blake's laughter boomed through the silent room. "What the—Leila, are you okay?" He laughed harder as he began to shuffle on the bed. From where I laid sprawled out on the floor, I could see him sitting upright. His lips were tugged into a wide smile, but what left me paralyzed was when he ran his hands through his dishevelled hair and his piercing blue eyes peered down at me.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked again.

"W–what are you doing in my bed?" I stammered nervously as I fought to maintain eye contact.

He motioned to the bed, "take a good look, brat. You were in my bed." Finally, with an excuse to break free from his trance-like stare, I hastily flickered my eyes away from him and came to the realization that I really was in his bed. Did I fall asleep during the movie? We slept next to each other!? This is absurd!

"And you let me sleep next to you, perv!" I cried out, mortified at the idea of us snuggling. Blake Kingston is my enemy and it will remain that way until he stops calling me a brat. "You wrapped your hands around me like this—" he said as he then proceeded to drape one hand over his chest. "And you snuggled up against me like a baby and didn't let me go. I didn't want to wake you up so I was waiting until you'd take your hand off me but I guess I fell asleep."