Mr Kingston's Roommate|46

Leila's POV
The date #2
Long chapter ahead 

"He's way more handsome than you could ever be Blake. Don't kid yourself." I reached for the packet of gummy worms tightly wrapped in Blake's palm, but following my previous statement, he immediately retracted his hand and flashed me an incredulous look. "I am way more handsome than Tom Cruise," he huffed.

"The man is a few years shy of 60 and he looks like a forty-year-old hunk of meat, there is no way you can truly convince yourself you can surpass such beauty and good genes." He shifted from beside me and outstretched a hand towards the bag of popcorn leaned against the pillow.

I watched silently as he dug his hand into the bag, retrieving a handful of popcorn before pelting it at my face. "If he's so handsome why don't you ask him to be your boyfriend then?" I rose my hands to my face in hopes of concealing it from Blake's popcorn attack but I didn't anticipate his next moves. Before I could comprehend what was happening, an assault of popcorn came barreling down my head and over my body.

Blake's malicious cackle enveloped my ears as he emptied the bag onto me, "I don't think Tom Cruise likes buttered girls," he mocked as he slumped back down onto the truck. Stunned, my eyes swivelled towards him slowly and our gazes locked. Blake smiled, and I- well it took me a few seconds before I pounced at him, ignoring the lady-like squeal that parted from his lips. I wrapped a hand around his neck, choking the daylights out of his handsome face.

"Try that again and I'll murder you," I rasped into his ear as I tightened my hold on his neck. He nodded his head vigorously, begging for release before my hands loosened from around him. I smiled and wove my fingers through his silky hair, "you're crazy." He whispered, horrified. 

The last fifteen minutes of the movie ended with the crowd bursting in cheers and Ohh's. You'd obviously expect that if you were watching mission impossible. I initially thought we were going to watch a romance but Blake said and I quote 'don't mistake me for a typical Wattpad boy, Brat. That's just too cliché.'

When I asked him if he now read Wattpad novels he just sheepishly smiled and dug his face into my neck whiles sighing heavily as my laughter filled his ears. Frankly this night didn't go as I expected but it went ten times better than I actually would have expected.

"We're not done for the night yet," Blake remarked as we cleaned up the trunk. "Wha- where are we going?" He peered up from what he had been doing and smiled, "you'll see." 

...

The truck came to an abrupt stop and I watched in silence as he pulled his keys out of the ignition. He motioned to the backseat before popping the handle of the door open, "take the picnic basket from the back." He said before slipping out of the car. Picnic basket? What the hell does he have planned.

Despite my confusion, I obliged and retrieved the picnic basket sitting behind me. My door suddenly flung open and Blake's hand came into view as he outstretched it towards me. "Ma'lady." He smiled sheepishly as he slipped his hand into mine. He tugged me down from the truck gently before closing the door behind him.

Although it was already dark out, the air was warm and crisp. I expected it to be somewhat chilly at least but I was thankful for that, I wasn't dressed for a chilly night. "Where are we?" I inquired as we fell in step beside one another. Blake peered own at me, "can't you hear the waves crashing?"