Mr Kingston's Roommate|19

Blake's POV
Doubts

"So are you going to do something about it or not? Because the Blake Kingston I know always goes for what he wants. He never lets an opportunity slip from his fingers, but that's exactly what you're doing." Riley exclaimed as he took a swig of his beer. Michael nodded his head vigorously, mumbling that Riley was right under his breath.

"Look, you think I don't want to take the chance? After Erika, I never thought I'd catch feelings for a girl again. But I did a-and, unfortunately, I can't do anything about it. If I do I'd be breaking an unwritten rule and let's not forget I might lose my job as well."

"Can they really blame you? They literally put you two in a dorm room together and said oh well! You're both young adults, Blake, sometimes you can't help the attraction. And whilst this doesn't happen in the real world, it's happening in yours.

For crying out loud, you graduated high school at 11 and by 20 you already had your PhD. That rarely happens, Blake. Some might say it's impossible but you and other people in the world are living proof that it's not. The same goes for this situation, we all thought it was impossible for a teacher to be living on campus, far-less being assigned a dorm room with a student!

But who the hell cares, Blake. It happened, in this world the impossible just became possible and you know what else is possible but society thinks it's not? It's a professor and a student dating." Michael exclaimed, his hands flailing over his head exasperatedly.

He and Riley high-fived one another and I had half a mind to leave but they did have a point. Regardless of that point though, it is still wrong. "Everything that's happened was circumstantial. The only reason I live in the student's residential building is that I'm young and I personally did not want to live in the faculty building with these old people.

And Leila being assigned to my room was solely because her dorm room was given to someone in dire need of it and every room was packed. I was the only one who had an entire room to myself so they thought it was a wise idea because again- I am young."

Michael turned towards Riley and suddenly snickered as he shook his head in disbelief. "It doesn't matter how you guys became roommates, point is- it happened. Hey, have you guys ever watched the episodes of Friends where Ross becomes a professor and dates one of his students?" He inquired.

"Yeah! Follow Ross's example. B-but don't get married three times, we don't condone that mess." Riley mumbled into his glass, his eyes wide as they bore into mine. "You guys aren't seriously comparing my situation to that of a fictional character in a sitcom," I muttered in disbelief as I gawked at the two of them.

Michael shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly and leaned back in the chair lazily, "just saying, if you truly want something you go for it. When you're in love o-or infatuated, you shouldn't be thinking about the future or the repercussions. Think about the happiness and comfort it'll bring you, and before things get serious, then think about the repercussions."

"That is the worst advice you have ever given me." I deadpanned. Riley snorted in response and shook his head as he leaned against the table, he flickered his eyes towards Michael then me before arching his brows slightly, "but there is some truth to it, isn't there?"

Silence passed between us and for a moment I pondered on Michael's words. For the past few months, I've been happy again. Not ecstatic, but happier than I was. And that was because a certain someone came into my life unexpectedly.

Maybe they were right. Maybe I do need to take this chance.

Or not.

"Yeah, okay, I'm leaving now." I sighed as I rose up from the chair. Riley frowned deeply as he peered up at me, "where are you going?" He asked and I shook my head in disbelief, wondering if these guys sometimes forgot I was a professor and I had lots of responsibilities.