Mr Kingston's Roommate|37

Leila's POV
Saying goodbye was hard, Saying hello is harder

Leila| Blake

I examined myself in the mirror, a gasp escaping my lips as my eyes assessed the fresh look carefully. I no longer had brown hair that toppled all the way down my shoulders. I opted for a new look, one that could accommodate the new me, the improved me. 

Cherry blonde hair, it represented the Leila I fought so hard to be years ago. The person I feared to be because I thought people wouldn't accept it. Instead, I let others walk over me until now. I chopped it all off and swept it away with my past. 

This is the new me. 

"Wow. . ." I mumbled in awe as I raked my hand through my hair and let my lips fall agape. The haircut seemed to enhance my face; my jawline seemed sharper, my nose looked thinner, my ears perked out more and my eyes appeared much lighter now.  

"Do you like it?" The hairdresser asked. I turned around to face her and nodded my head vigorously as I raked my hands through my hair, "It's absolutely perfect, thank you much, I love it." She returned my smile and tucked a piece of it behind my ear before winking, "the guys are gonna go crazy." 

Well, I hope Blake does. 

When he called me last night to say I was stunned would be an understatement.

I didn't know whether to be angry or relieved, so I remained speechless until he told me why he called me after I asked. It was the only thing I could think of at the time and I didn't expect him to say he missed me, and neither did I expect to say it back. 

We stayed up talking to one another, he thought I was still at the dorm until I told him I wasn't, he sounded disappointed until I told him that I was coming back today. He was also returning today which was surprising. Is it so much of a coincidence we return the same exact day? 

We had a lot to discuss though.

I think we were both ready to share our past with one another. Let each other in on what we were both afraid of at the beginning of our relationship, what was keeping us apart minus the obvious. Now as I placed the money into the hairdresser's hand and thanked her once again for the lovely hairstyle, I knew that now that I cleared everything I would finally be free.

I accomplished what I came to do. I made amends with the people I care about. And maybe I'll never have that opportunity with my mother but I was okay with that. It's not like she deserved it anyway. 

I'm finally happy.

I slipped into my car and stared back at my luggage in the backseat. Blake's flight is leaving in a few hours and he'll probably land late in the afternoon. I'll be waiting for him at the airport. He knows this, I was actually the one who said that I'd be fine with picking him up. I wanted to be the first one to see him, I needed to be the first one to see him.

~~~

As I drove silently into the parking spot, my eyes reluctantly moved towards the plane's flashing light brightened the dark sky. After my three hour ride, I went back to campus but saw none of my friends. I hung out in the dorm for a while, unpacking my stuff and setting it up nicely and even after I went to check on Sam's And Midge's dorm, they weren't there.