Mr Kingston's Roommate|39

Leila's POV
I'm Not Even Angry

"Leila!"

Before I could decipher the person's voice who called out to me, I was suddenly shoved forward with a crushing force. My arms outstretched above my head to break my fall as I went tumbling onto the ground with the weight of someone on top of me, their hands wrapped tightly around my waist. "We missed you so much!" 

"I missed you guys as well but you didn't have to attack me!" I wheezed in pain as I hugged Sam back. Before I could move an inch and get into a more comfortable position, another pair of arms wrapped around Sam and I, locking us in her grip. 

"Oh my god, we thought you were never going to come back, we missed you." Midge pouted as she released her grip on Sam and I. They both helped me onto my feet and not long after we fell into a chorus of squeals as we pulled one another in bone-crushing hugs once again. 

"Oh my god! You did your hair, damn you look so good with it." Sam mumbled in awe as she grabbed a strand of my hair, her eyes scrutinizing it. "You really think so?" I inquired, though I already knew the answer. Both her and Midge nodded their heads vigorously and I smiled as a soft tutting sound escaped my lips.

"How was your trip home? Did you and your dad patch things up or is he still an asshole?" Midge asked, her eyes boring into mine. I smiled, apparently catching the two off guard. "I had an amazing time, my dad and I are reconciling slowly but surely. I patched things up with Reese and honestly guys I haven't been this happy in a long time." 

"That's so good to hear, we're happy for you really. I know it must have been tough but you're so strong, Leila. I aspire to be like you." Sam exclaimed as she caressed my arm in comfort. I groaned deeply as my hands flew over my face. 

I really do hope this happiness lasts for long. 

"Where were you guys yesterday?"

"We went to a party at a hotel, crashed there and only got back earlier this morning before class started," Midge explained as she fumbled with her fingers sheepishly. She definitely has a wild story to tell, I can see it on her face. 

"Happy life huh?" I chuckled and they rolled their eyes. For some reason, my mind drifted off to Peter. He told me to call him when I got back home and I never did. He did try calling me at times but I was too drained to ever answer and I just didn't feel like asking.

"Where's Peter?" I asked softly and I watched in confusion as both their smiles faltered and they both turned to face one another, sharing a look I couldn't decipher. "Guys?" I mumbled softly and Midge sighed, running her tongue over her lips before they fell into a thin line. 

"Yeah about Peter. . ." she trailed off. 

"Uhuh?" I mumbled, arching a brow in their direction and once again they shared a look before turning towards me. "Peter has a girlfriend. . ." Sam said barely over a whisper and I raised my brows, chuckling softly. "Oh, okay then I'm glad he met someone." 

"No, Leila, uhm you see this girl named Maria came barging in here some weeks after you left. Claiming that she came here to spend time with her boyfriend of two years because his birthday was coming up. That boyfriend is Peter."

"I was so angry, Leila! Like how could he do that!? I–I wanted to confront him but Midge told me to leave it to him. If he wanted you to know about them then he should tell you on his own. But we knew we had to tell you, after what happened with you and Reese. We didn't want to see you get played around with anymore." Sam sighed and I nodded my head, cracking a smile that seemed to catch them both off guard.