Mr Kingston's Roommate|42

This chapter may be upsetting for some readers, read at your own risk. ⚠

Leila's POV

It was all my fault

–Four years ago–

Leila stumbled into the house, her hand clutching her rose gold iPhone as the other gripped her muddied soccer ball. She sighed in annoyance as her friend's voice babbled down the other line, "just ask him would ya? He'll say yes Leila. He's your big brother after all! A hot one too."

"Aura ew, that's disgusting. Don't call Kyle hot. He's ugly, Jesus he reminds me of that thing in the lord of the rings. The thing that goes my precious."

She burst into a fit of laughter, her giggles filling the house as Aura rolled her eyes on the other line. Leila had a tendency of laughing at her own jokes even if it made no sense. Still, that's what a lot of people loved about her, her bubbly sense of humour and the way she could light up the room with one sentence.

"Yeah well, that thing makes my pa–"

"If you finish that sentence our friendship will forever be terminated." She clipped playfully, an edge hinting deep within her voice. Aura burst into a fit of laughter and Leila was now the one to roll her eyes as she kicked off her muddied sneakers and slammed the door shut behind her.

"Just ask him okay? I'm sure he'll say yes."

"Fine!" She exclaimed loudly as she sauntered down the hallway leading to Kyle's room. Without an invitation, she pushed his door open, her eyes landing on the 6'1 guy laying on his bed, laptop perched upon his thighs, surrounded by sheets of papers. Presumably studying for exams.

A mischievous smile made its way onto her face as she strolled towards him. His face was buried in a book, music blaring from his headphones, concealing Leila's footsteps. She braced herself and then lunged at him, an animalistic squeal escaping her lips. 

Kyle peered upwards and acted fast as he flung the laptop off of his lap just as Leila came crashing down onto him. He cried out in pain as her arms enclosed around his neck in a headlock. He wrapped his hand around her arm and swiftly pulled her over his shoulders, slamming her into the bed. 

"Never try to wrestle a wrestler diddums." He smirked victoriously as he pinned her against the bed. She thrashed in his arms, "let go of me, you doofus!" 

"Oh, how classic. Doofus huh? What year are we living in? 2004?" He laughed out and she scowled playfully, slapping his hands away from her and managing to pull herself from underneath him.

She rolled onto the floor and landed with a thump, a groan leaving her lips as she stayed sprawled out on his rug. "What do you want?" He asked, it was almost like a routine question and she smiled sheepishly, her eyes batting slowly, her routine way of making him do things for her, "Aura and Katey wanted me to come to the bowling alley tonight–"

"It's a school night. You know mom and dad won't allow you to leave. Especially since you have exams tomorrow so it's an automatic no." He exclaimed, brown eyes boring into hers and she frowned deeply, "this is exactly why I came here, to ask yo–"

"Lei I don't know if you're blind but I also have to study for exams tomorrow, sorry kiddo." He cut her off as he slumped back onto the bed, dragging his laptop towards him.  "Please, Kyle. Pretty please, I promise I'll do your laundry for the next month, I promise I won't kick a ball in any of your girlfriends' faces. I promise I won't tell mom and dad I found a condo–"