Chapter Eight

*Fresh POV*

"Fresh please you have to come to the dance!" Alphys begged me. We were running on the track in P.E.

"I don't want to be a third wheel to you and Undyne! That will just be awkward!" I argued.

The dance was tonight and Alphys told me that Undyne asked her to it. She doesn't want to go to the dance without me though.

"Pleaseeeee?" Alphys begged again. I groaned.

"Fine. But I won't like it." I grumbled. Alphys let out a little high pitched thank you and we continued our jog around the track.

*Time Skip*

I walked up to Alphys' house. I was picking her up so we could walk to the school together.

I knocked on the door and Alphys opened it. She was wearing a cute black dress with polka dots on it.

"Aww Alphys you look cute!" I say to her. A red hue appears on her cheeks.

"You don't look to bad yourself." Alphys says and winks at me. I scrunch up my face and pull the collar of my tux outward. I actually had bought a dress secretively but I debated on wearing it.... I didn't want to be laughed at....

"This thing is suffocating me." I breathe out. Alphys laughs as we start walking to the high school.

Our walk was pretty short and we walked into the school. The school halls were completely empty. Alphys and I followed the loud music to the gym. The gym was dark and was lit up by red and pink lights. Music was blasting in the background and there was also a dance floor.

"Fresh c'mon I see Undyne!" Alphys says over the music and grabs my wrist. She drags me over to where Undyne and her group of jocks are.

Undyne and Alphys smile at each other as they start a conversation. Undyne and I awkwardly said hi to each other and then Undyne went back to talking to Alphys. I knew I'd be a third wheel.

"Guys lets go dance!" BP yelled at his friends. He grabbed NCG by the hand and they walked onto the dance floor followed by Alphys and Undyne.

I sighed as I walked over to the tables in the back to get some water.

*PJ POV*

"Dude Fresh is alone go talk to him!" BP whispered to me. I rolled my eyes but obligated. I had nothing better to do.

*Fresh POV*

"I didn't think you'd be the type to go to dances." I heard a familiar voice behind me say. I turn around to see non other than Paperjam. I shrugged in response to his comment and took a sip of my water.

Awkward silence consumed us only being shattered by a high pitched squeal in our direction.

"PJ you came! C'mon let's go dance!" Bunny squealed and grabbed his hand. I adverted my eyes and looked at the ground. Not wanted to intrude with whatever is happening.

"I don't wanna dance." PJ said to her and yanked his hand away. Bunny growled and took his hand again, basically dragging him to the dance floor. I felt kinda sorry for him. He glanced back at me and we made eye contact for a split second before PJ turned around again.

I sighed once more as I looked around. All of my friends were having fun but me. I threw away my cup as I pushed the doors to the gym open so I could get a break from the blaring music.

I sat down with my back against the wall staring down the long hallways. I would go home but I promised Alphys I would walk her home.

I sighed for what felt like the millionth time and closed my eyes. I don't know why I came to this dance.

*PJ POV*

After finally losing Bunny in the crowd I look around the tables for Fresh. He wasn't there where I last saw him.

I walk up to Alphys and Undyne who were laughing at something I am unaware of.

"Guys have you seen Fresh?" I ask over the music. Undyne nods her head no. Alphys raises an eyebrow at me.

"I think I saw him go outside." Alphys replies. I nodded and ignored her question about why I was looking for him.

I needed to find Fresh. I'm determined to ask him to dance. I want to see if he likes me. Heck I still don't even know if I even like him.

~•~
730 Words
*Edited*

This chapter was shorter than my other ones sorryyyyy

:)