Chapter Thirty-Two

*PJ POV*

"Paperjam! Dinner is ready!" I heard my mom yell. I silently groaned and put away my ideas for surprising Fresh inside of my desk. I got home late because of basketball practice so now I have to quickly put something together for tomorrow.

I walk down the stairs and notice that Palette and my dad aren't here.

"Where's Palette and Dad?" I ask. Ink sighed.

"They went out to hopefully get closer. Palette is... still having a hard time with the..." Ink sighs, clearly not wanting to talk about it.

"It's okay. I get it. Does Dream still want the visits with Palette?" I ask.

Ink sighs again. "I honestly don't know what he wants anymore. He loves Palette but.. with how busy he is he can't... and Palette obviously hates living with Error that I hate for him to stay here with us, but Palette has gotten happier with Goth so... I hope he doesn't mind staying here longer... until he graduates high school. He can't live at Dream's... Dream would never be home to take care of him..." Ink gestured for me to sit down and I sit down.

We don't talk for a few minutes and eat. Ink is first to break the silence. "So... I talked with Fresh today... I-I didn't know you broke up with him.."

It was my turn to sigh. "It was an accident. Someone tricked me into thinking he didn't love me. I'm trying to get him back now... slowly.. I don't know if its working yet."

"So you still love him?" Ink asked hopefully. I nodded and he smiled again.

The rest of dinner was complete silence, after all that we talked about I don't know if Ink wanted to carry on. It was so hard on him yet he keeps a smile on his face.

I realize that that is what I need to do. Smile. Smile every chance I get at everyone. I need to show everyone, especially Bunny, that I control my emotions, my emotions don't control me. I need to show everyone that nothing can put me down.

After dinner I walk up to Ink and give him a big hug. He gladly returns it and we sit there. Accepting the love.

*Fresh POV*

The morning rolled by like any other morning. Except, I was kinda excited now to go to school, to see what mystery lies in my locker today. I looked at my desk and at all the gifts spread around. The half eaten chocolates looking delicious.

Once I get to school I usually met up with Alphys but she said she's been taking extra tutoring in the mornings so I'm on my own. I take another route to my locker cause the closest way to my locker was passed Bunny's locker. Definitely not going to happen.

I approach my locker and undid the lock. I took a breath then opened the locker.

Out glided another balloon. I quickly grabbed the string and brought it down. It had a note on the side that said "Pop Me!"

I took out safety pin and popped it, creating several passerby's to jump at the loud noise, thankfully though they didn't pay me any mind and continued going about their day.

When I popped the balloon a small slip of paper came out along with blue glitter and streamers. I picked up the note and opened it.

~•~

You will see me around today
but you will pay me no mind in any way
we are quite close you see
but always a distance in a degree
i want to hug you so badly
but you'll just scoff sadly
i want to tell you i love you
and you'll turn blue
here is a hint for who i might be
to set my identity free

•• •-- •- ••• •- -••• ••- •-•• •-•• -•--

~•~

I stared at the dashes and dots in confusion. How is that a hint? What even is that?

I sighed. I folded the note carefully before putting it in my pocket safely. I'll study the note in the library during lunch.

*PJ POV*

"He looks disappointed..." I said sadly. Undyne laughed.

"Doofus he doesn't even know morse code. It's a tricky hint but it will be good once he find out." Alphys said. "You shouldn't stress about it. He's probably gonna study it when he gets home."

"He probably looks disappointed because he can't read the darn thing PJ. Stop sulking." Undyne said, adding on to Alphys' words. Undyne gave me a pat on the back as the bell rang. I looked up and saw Fresh coming my way. He didn't see me of course because his head was down and that longing feeling came into my heart again.

I looked down at his hands, I wanted to hold them.
I looked at his waist, I wanted to hold him.
I looked at his face, I wanted to kiss him.

The longing feeling I got everyday when I saw him. Everyday it got worse and worse. One day I had accidentally started following him just so I could look at him.

I just need him in my arms against

~•~

hi um... so author here is not dead surprisingly. heh. sorry for making y'all wait. if anything it built up the suspension

i kinda had a writers block and i had no inspiration whatsoever but it finally like jolted in me like a lighting bolt so i hope y'all like it

lol these past few months have been crazyyyy like guys i finally found out and came into conclusion with myself that i'm not straight and that was exciting i guess.

i hope y'all have a good january and have a amazing day

sorry for being absent

ALSO OMG 27k READS

WHAT THE F%#K

LIKE I DIDN'T - what

i'm so confused why is my writing getting this many reads

anyways i'll go now

bye

i love you