Chapter Thirty-Four

*Alphys POV*

"Alphys you're mental."

"Undyne here me out! I know it's crazy but it's the only thing that would work..! Right..?"

Undyne facepalmed. "Even you don't know if this would work or not!"

"Listen! It's absolutely lunatic i know but i have a feeling it will work." I declared.

PJ then rounded the corner of the other side of the hall. He looked absolutely torn. His head was dropping and his feet were dragging. He had bags under his eyes and he had a certain look in his eye.

I gave Undyne a thumbs up then strode casually over to PJ.

"Get Fresh a cat."

PJ looked crazily at me. "What?"

I rolled my eyes. "Listen, meet me after school in the library and i'll explain everything there. Trust me on this."

PJ raised a bone brow but nodded reluctantly. We then walked our separate ways.

Phase 1 complete!

*Undyne POV*

"Fresh!" I called. He turned around and looked quizzidly at me but said hello.

"I have a complication."

"That's a big word." Fresh said and kinda smiled. I stared at him. He hadn't smiled in two weeks. What?

"Well um.. I have this book and it doesn't really make sense... I was wondering if you wanted to meet me in the library after school and help me?" I asked. I crossed my fingers. pleasesayyespleasesayyespleasesayya

"Sure. I'll meet you in the library after school. See you." He said and waved himself off. I smiled and quickly ran to tell Alphys.

Phase 2 is a go!

*Fresh POV*

"You seem much happier since last week." Alphys told me as she ate her pb&j.

"Yea... um... i've started seeing a therapist...  I realized I was broken and I wanted to get fixed. He's helped me so much in just the past week. He's also helping me get over PJ-"

"WHAT?!" Alphys cut me off and stood up, a scared look on her face.

I stared at her for a second. "PJ broke up with me... I need to get over him. He ruined my ability to love." I said angrily.

don't cry don't cry don't cry don't cry don't cry don't cry don't cry don't cry don't cry don't cry don't cry don't cry

I felt a tear slide down my cheek.

"Fresh listen to me. You still love PJ. Please listen to your heart-"

"My heart was wrong. PJ will never get a second chance Alphys. He broke me. I'm not letting him break me again." I stood up and left the lunchroom leaving Alphys in shock. I had made up my mind.

*Alphys POV*

well shit

*Undyne POV*

"WHAT?!"

Alphys jumped at my tone. "I didn't know okay! It's okay the plan can still work. We just need to strengthen it."

"Mmhm and how do we do that?" I ask and crossed my arms.

Alphys thought for a second then sheepishly shrugged.

"I just want them to-" Alphys' voice cracked and I bent down to her level to see that she was beginning to test up. "I just want them to be happy."

I embraced Alphys in my arms and held her.

"They were perfect. Bunny broke both of them. They were meant to be. I just want to fix all this mess and I know I can't but... I hate to see them both this way... it's absolutely awful and I feel miserable for them. They just need to be happy. They just need to realize that they need each other." Alphys was crying hard now and I hated to see her this way.

"Alphys none of this is your fault! Emotions are the hardest to fix and you can't always fix them. Your plan though will work. I can feel it." I hugged her tightly. She was pushing herself way too hard.

*Fresh POV*

The last class of the day finally ended and I made my way to my locker. I was emotionally drained and I was PJ up ahead he was crying.

I didn't care. He made me cry. I will not get involved.

I walked over to him. What am I doing?! I hate PJ! He's the one who broke me! I should NOT be going up to him!

"Hey..."

PJ's head shot up and his eyes went wide. He stared at me for a solid minute.

"hi..." His voice sounded so drained and hurt but... confident?

"Um... I saw you crying... are you okay?" Why am I concerned?! I shouldn't care!

"Oh um... to be honest I'm not doing so good but I am thriving so..." PJ smiled a bit at me. I did not return the smile and gave a little nod.

"Well thriving is better than being dead. Have a good day." I walked away from him and back towards my locker. Before I opened it I looked back. He was gone.

I opened my locker and three pieces of paper came down to my feet. I picked them up.

•• ••• - •• •-•• •-•• •-•• --- •••- • -•-- --- ••-

•--• •-•• • •- ••• • ••-• --- •-• --• •• •••- • -- •

-- • • - -- • - --- -- --- •-• •-• --- •-- •• -• - •••• • •-•• •• -••• •-• •- •-• -•--

I marveled at the three slips of paper.

It's just dots and dashes! What do they mean?!

Then it hit me.

Morse Code = Dots and Dashes

These letters are in morse code! I need to translate them!

I looked at my watch. Er, I need to meet up with Undyne first though. Research later.

I met up with her and she smiled too brightly. Suspicious.

"Hiya Fresh! My book is on morse code and I had actually figured it out on my own so I'm sorry for wasting your time-"

"MORSE CODE?!" Goth stared at me then put his fingers to his lips to tell me to be quiet. I cleared my throat. "I mean, could I borrow that book tonight?" Undyne nodded very energetically then left in a hurry... weird.

I set to work.

*Alphys POV*

"It worked Alphys! I knew you'd get it!" Undyne squeezed me. I laughed.

"Now we just have to wait..."

~•~

o my lordy guys i'm sorry for all the pov changes in this chapter but i'm really not sorry cause it's my story lol fight me

also on a side note i'm going to the starting a new book! release date isn't set yet but it will be before the month of march is over!

i also recently had my birthday (march 4th) so that's cool i guess

the name of my new book is Maybe I'm Sad, Maybe I'm Not i really hope you like it.

it's gonna be an (undertale) sans x reader so i hope you guys like x readers lol

have a jolly good day!