03 - interview

School was going by a lot faster after a week of introductions. The teachers were actually doing their job now instead of giving us team building tasks which will always be incredibly awkward.

Yearbook was going somewhere and we were getting to work on getting the first parts of the book done. We had a lot of work to do and it felt as though we didn't have a lot of time. 

Being the president of the yearbook, also known as Editor and Cheif, I get asked a lot of questions. I have to approve a lot of things and some times I have to tell people that their work is horrible. It was something I wasn't good at. 

"Ester?" A girl named Laura tapped me on the shoulder. "I have a list of all the sports teams and who's on it. There are some details but others I couldn't get." She said and handed me the paper. 

"Thank you" I nodded and grabbed the papers out of her hand.

"Ester, there have been a lot of requests to get a segment on Calum Hood.. He's on the soccer team." A boy who seemed to be a Freshamn, walked up to me. "I have a schedual of all of the upcoming soccer games so that would be a good way to contact him."

"Thanks" I nodded and took the paper. I looked over the papers I just recieved until I was inturupted again.

"Hey, so these are some of the layouts of the first few pages. The table of contence and the welcome back pictures." A girl named Saria placed three papers in front of me. I looked them over and the first one I saw I disliked a lot. I wasn't a fan of the other, but the one in the middle stood out.

"I think this is a good way to go." I pointed to the middle "It's creative and diffrent. Good work." I nodded.

"Thanks" She smiled a prideful smile.

I was feeling overwhelmed and I hadn't gotten any of my own work done. I was approving everyone elses. I stood up from the chair I had been sitting in for an hour now and grabbed my camera.

"Mr. Flinkens?" I called to his attention.

"Yes, Mrs. Murphy." He smiled.

"I was wondering if I could have a pass to take some pictures around campus?" I asked.

"Of course." He nodded and grabbed a sticky note. "Students, don't forget, some of you have deadlines by the end of next week." He reminded them as he wrote out a note. I took it and tucked it into my back pocket. I exited the room and walked out of the building. 

I walked around and started to take pictures of multiple welcome back posters, the baloon arch that was moving back and fourth in the wind. 

There were also some students that were walking around, making a trip to the library, or the restroom, so I decided to stop and ask them a few questions.

"Hey," I awkwardly clearned my throat.

"Hi" The girl smiled. She seemed sweet. She was tall with blone hair that made my brunette hair look black. She was tan and had beautiful blue eyes.

"I'm part of the yearbook," I explained "And I was wondering if I could possibly ask you a few questions.. maybe get your picture?" 

"Oh, sure" She agreed. "Ask away!" 

I got out my phone to record the conversation and held it in my right hand.

"What are you looking forward to most for this new year?" I asked.

"Hmm, that's a hard one." She pondered for a moment. "I'm looking forward to meeting knew people and creating new memories. I think that's a really important part of high school so it's something i'm going to try to acomplish."