06 - alike

I walked on to campus and I realized I was going to be late for class. I usually cared, but I really didn't this time.

Senior year I mummbled to myself. As I walked to class, a person walked next to me. I didn't pay anntention though, I just stared at my phone and read the stupid goodmorning text Steven sent me that I failed to look at earlier.

"Oh, good morning Ester" Calum's voice ran through my ears.

"Oh.. Hey" I smiled and awkwardly waved.

"What class are you going to right now?" He asked.

"Uh, my math class." I told him.

"Oh, who's your teacher?" He asked.

"I have Mrs. Hoffan" I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, god. I have her second." He chuckled "She's the worst."

"Agreed." I nodded.

"I have her second." He sighed.

"Who are we talking about?" Steve popped up next to Calum and he smiled. He was a lot shorter than Steven, and that said a lot about me because steven was taller than I was.

"We're talking about Mrs. Hoffan." I told him.

"Did she tell you the story about her-"

"Bleeding eyes?" I inturrupted Calum, almost a little excited that he caught that too.

"Yes!" He laughed. I laughed a long with him and Steven just awkardly scratched his neck.

"Hey, i'm going to get pizza with Luke, Mikey, and maybe Ashton is coming. Do you two want to come?" Calum asked as he started to walk away from us.

"Sure" Steven agreed before I could reject his offer.

"You in, Ester?" He smiled and I couldn't help but smile at him.

"Why not" I giggled. What is happening to me?

He just nodded and turned to walk towards a class next to us. Steven was still walking with me to the other side of the campus. That's where Mrs. Hoffans class was conviniently located.

"Why not" Steven mocked me in a girl voice. I looked to him and he was smiling like a 12 year old girl and he batted his eyes.

"You suck." I huffed.

"You're pathetic." He laughed. "You totally just melted right in front of him."

"Melted?" I asked "I did not 'melt'"

"Whatever Murphy." He laughed "I gotta go to class."

"Later" I giggled and shook my head.

I was truy gratful for the friend that I have. Steven was so understanding and he was so nice. I was so thankful to have the friend that I have. I didn't think I told him that enough but I really was happy to have him as a friend.

I entered my math class and sat down.

"Nice of you to join us." the teacher called out and I just rolled my eyes. She proceaded with what she was talking about and I leaned my head on my hands.

"Ester?" A voice wispered behind me. I turned to look at a random girl, but her eyes seemed like they were nice.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I'm part of this club and we're doing an article on sports for the school newspaper, so I was wondering if you could get some pictures of Calum Hood for me?" She asked.

I think that's the 500th person now.

-------------------

"But it's kind of scaring me now.. like people are truly obsessed." I explained to Steven while we sat on the steps of the music building. There was a 15 minute break today, just like every Wednesday.