23 - night terror

So this chapter is kind of based off a true story. My friend had one that she was in a car crahs and our friend died. It was probably one of the scariest things that's happened to me so this chapter is kind of personal.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

As my family went home, Calum and I sat on my bed. My mother was cleaning up and I insisted to help but she insisted that since I decorated, she would clean. Ashton came over later in the night and they have been hanging out with my parents while we stayed up here. 

Calum was more talkative than I thought he would be. We talked about his project and he even told me about his parents too. They just got in an argument and it was stressful to calum because he was stressed about school and it was also Christmas. But he did assure me that they were okay and they were having a good night tonight. He just seemed tired and I couldn't tell how he was feeling about everything.

After talking for about about an hour, the conversation died down and we just sat in scilence. I was looking at the pictures that I took on my camera and I was also looking over the ones already on my wall. 

I heard Calum snore just a bit and I giggled at him. I looked over and he opened his eyes again.

"Cal?" I asked "Do you just wanna sleep over tonight?" 

"I guess" He said to me. It was a really faint whisper, as though he was sleep talking.

"Okay, move over here on this side of the bed." I said. He was sprawled out across the bed and I was sitting on my pillows. He got up and his eyes were closed. He sat there for a moment and there was this look on his face.

"Calum..?" I asked.

"I'm sorry" He choked out.

"What?" I put my camera down on the table next to the bed and scooted closer to him. 

"It's all my fault." 

"What's all your fault?" I asked.

"You hate me now" He started to cry and he rubbed his eyes.

"What? Cal, I don't hate you.." I assured him.

"And my parents..." He started to cry. "I can't" He shook his head and layed down. He hugged the pillow and kept crying. I just snuggled up next to him after turing the lights off and held him. 

He cried for about thirty minutes. I kept asking the same questions but he just kept giving the same answers. A few times he was crying so hard I couldn't even understand him. 

"Calum, please calm down and talk to me.." I said worried. I didn't know what to do. I had no idea what I was supposed to say to him because I didn't know why he was crying. He just kept saying that I hated him now and it was his fault... and then something about his parents.

I finally turned the lights back on and I sat up.

"Calum, you need to tell me whats wrong.." I told him. I was scared now. I wasn't sure what was going through his head.

"I watched him..." He sobbed "And I didn't do anything..." 

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"My father... I watched him hit my mom" He cried. "And now they're getting a divorece."

"W-what?" 

"I didn't stand up for her... I could have helped them. I could have called for help... But now they're getting a divorce and its all my fault." He cried. He was crying so much that it took me a minute to make out the words. "And then Kasey...." 

"What?" I widened my eyes and became even more scared, scared about our relationship.

"Kasey came over while I was over doing homework and then she kissed me." He sobbed "She kissed me back..."

"Calum..." I didn't even know what to say.

"And you had to watch..." He kept sobbing harder than i've ever seen anyone sob before.

"I wasn't there Calum..." I told him. 

"Yes you were.. and that's why you hate me..." He cried. 

It suddenly dauned on me that none of this was real. I remember a lesson we had in phyc.

*Flashback*

"Can anyone tell me what a night terror is?" Mr. Sinons asked.

Calum raised his had hesitently and took a deep breath.

"It's something that happens when you're under an insane ammount of stress or your over exausted. You mind takes your worst fears and creates a dream about it and makes it seem so real. Your body responds to it the way your mind tells you to because you mind believes it's real. So most of the time a person cries uncontrollaly, other times it could be screaming.. thinking someone is attacking them.. something like that." Calum answered.

"And Calum, do you know how to get them out of that state of paranoia?" 

"You just talk them out of it until they fall asleep."

*End Of Flashback*

I didn't think about it but Calum told me one of his worst fears was his parents spliting up.

"Calum" I called to him.

"I'm so sorry" He cried.

"Calum it's not real" I told him.

"You hate me.." 

"Calum. I don't hate you. I love you." I told him. "Your parents aren't getting a divorce.. they've had an amazing night." I told him.

"No.. my dad hit her.." He argued.

"No, he didn't.. they went out to dinner tonight. They're both perfectly fine." I told him. "I can call your mom right now if you want me to. You can talk to her." I rubbed his arm to soothe him.

"Are you sure she's okay?" He asked and sniffled. He was drowsy now and his crying had died down. 

"I'm so positive it's not even funny." 

"What about you and I?" He asked.

"We're fine." I told him.

"You don't hate me" He asked.

"No, cal." I smiled.

"Thank god" he cried of hapiness now. "That was my worst fear" He mumbled. I leaned him back down and he was sniffling again.

"Calum" I told him.

"Yeah?" he mumbled.

"I love you.." I told him.

"I love you" He responded. 

And he fell asleep. 

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Only two chapters left :))) I'M SORRY I KNOW ITS SO SAD 

I really hope you're enjoying everything. TAKE IT IN AND KEEP IT THERE CAUSE YEARBOOK IS ALMOST OVER UGHH I'm cryin