13 - chicago

The whole ditching game was fun but we were all getting tired. We had someone take our picture with all of the lights from the rides and then went back to my house. 

Ashton went to go eat with Braelin so it was just the five of us.

"So, Cal." Luke smirked.

"Yes, Lucifer" Calum said, clearly tired. He did get up really early this morning. 

"Did you have a fun time hanging out with your lads today?" Michael asked.

"I'm so glad I chose to ditch you fools and hang out with Ester. She's far cooler than you'll ever be." He said with his eyes closed. 

"Ouch that hurts" Luke chuckled. I layed there in scilence. My head rested in Steven's lap and he played with my hair. It was so soothing that I felt that I was drifting to sleep. I could still hear their conversation though.

"Is she sleeping?" Michael whispered. 

"I don't know" Luke said. 

"How do you guys still have energy?" I whined. 

"Because they didn't have to get up as early as us." Steven finally said.

"And because they're like five year old girls who refuse to accept that they're tired." Calum stated.

"Fine, we're leaving." Luke pouted.

"Darn" Calum shot back.

"I was just about to protest but then I realized I really don't care that much." Steven sassed them. 

"Oh, Luke, Michael do you need some cold water for that burn?" I asked them.

"We're out" They said and we didn't say another word.

We all sat there in scilence and my eyes were kept closed. 

"Ester?" Steven whispered.

"Hmm?"

"I have to go" He sighed.

"Damn it." I whined. That meant I had to move. I just rolled off the couch and layed on the floor.

"Ester?" Steven asked again, more of a full voice this time.

"Yeah?" I aswered.

"Can we hang out tomorrow? I need to talk to you about something important.." He told me.

"Are you okay?" I looked up at him and he didn't look worried, but he did have a look of nervousness on his face. That was the one thing I was better at than Steven. I could read peopls expressions like no other. I could tell when he was lying, when he was scared, or worried. 

"I'm fine.. it's good news." He assured me. 

"Okay" I nodded. He went to the door and left the house. It was then just me and Calum.

There was a few moments of scilence until Calum broke it.

"Are you sleeping" He asked quietly.

"No" I mumbled into the arm I used as a pillow.

"Do you want me to leave?" He asked.

"No" I answered honestly. At this point, I didn't care about what I said. I'd regret it later but at the moment everything seemed to be way harder than it should and I was too tired to care.

"Okay" he chuckled. "I had a lot of fun today" 

"Yeah we had a good group of people with us" I agreed.

"I meant with you" He told me.

"Oh, right." I said. I wasn't sure what else to say to that.

I hated that I couldn't understand what he was trying to put out. Was he being nice? Was he flirting? I couldn't tell because I've never been this way with anyone.