05 - friends

"Alright ladies and gentlemen" Mr. Sisons called out to the class. "I know Mondays suck. I can see it in everyone's eyes that they are just dying to be here, but we are about to start a project."

The class groaned and my eyes caught Calum shifting in his seat. Luke had been leaned back with his feet up on some other persons desk. He wasn't attentive what so ever. I was still replaying the awkward encounter from Saturday.

"You will be able to pick the people in your group." the teacher explained. Once he said that, the students turned to their friends direction and mentally picked the people they would be working with. "The maximum amount of people you can have in your group is 3 people and i'll tell you why. The three topics we've been talking about will be the topics you will demonstrate."

I hate group projects. They always turn out to be me doing all of the work because people think I'm some geek who is smarter than everyone. News flash: I'm not.

"Psst" Luke whispered to get my attention. I turned my head and looked him in the eyes.

"Want to be in a group with Calum and I?" Luke asked.

I shook my head and looked back and the teacher.

"Why not?" he chuckled. I just shrugged because I wasn't sure what my excuse would be.

He didn't question any further. I finally tuned back into the teacher to know what to do.

"You will be, depending on what topic, giving people different smells, sounds, and pictures to trigger memory's. What you have to do is record peoples reactions, what they say, and how they feel. You will make a video project of it once you're all completed."

I honestly wasn't sure I could work alone. I wanted to but I'd have to talk to the teacher first.

The bell rang and I had to head to yearbook. I needed to download some of the pictures I took. As I walked out of class and through the hallway, someone called out my name. I turned to see Luke catching up with me. I turned back to face forward and kept walking.

"C'mon who are you going to work with?" Luke asked.

"Myself, hopefully" I told him.

"But why?" he asked. "Calum and I aren't cool enough?"

"No I'm not cool enough" I mumbled.

"ooh, this is the shy thing." Luke nodded. "Well, I'm going to tell Mr. Sisons that you are in our group now."

Great. Fantastic. Wonderful.

----------------------

"You got some good pictures of Calum right?"

I was pretty sure that was the 7th time I've heard that question. People were truly obsessed.

"What's so great about him anyways?" I asked.

"Well, he's like the coolest guy at school" The girl shrugged.

I just ignored that stupid responce. What was so great about one person. I'm sure the yearbook wouldn't be so fantastic if it just had one person. I can't put him on every page. People really need to find something better to do with their lifes rather than just drooling over one god damned person.

I took a deep breath before I snapped on anyone. I started to layout a page for soccer. I wasn't going to use the pictures that I got from just the one game. I'd have to go to a few and then make a final desition. 

Overall, the yearbook was slowly coming together. It hasn't been very far in to the year but we're making good progress and I'm happy about that. I'm proud of all the people who has lived up to my expectation and given me great finals.