22 - the eve of christmas

Christmas Eve was always my favorite. I loved seeing family and friends I normally didn't see everyday. We always had our dinner at my house because we had a big enough backyard to eat at. 

I woke up super early and spent all day cleaning and puting together decorations for outside and then setting up all the tables. I decorated the tables with beautiful table cloths and made center pieces that I found on the internet. 

The house had already been decorated and we spent a day as a family puls Ashton and decorated the tree. I invited Calum, but he gogily said he still has a ton to do and I accepted it. If he was stressed, I didn't want to put any more pressure on him that what is already on his plate. 

Our tree was decorated with all our favorite orniments and we had simple yellow-ish glowing lights. There were also glass figures that looked like ice sickles and they looked like they were dropping from the branches. The red orniments, my personal favorite, added the color to the tree. It was just like it always has been since I was litlle - beautiful.

I loved Christmas and I couldn't wait to have the family over. 

Calum was coming over too. It would be the first time i've seen or really talked to him in a few days. 

I finally got changed and my Aunt and Uncle were here. 

"Hi Aunt Sally" I smiled "Uncle Joe" Following them was the kids. They were a few years younger than I was but they were just as mature as me. I really enjoyed their company.

Soon, more family came. Both of my mom's brothers and dad's brother and sister. My grandparents were on their way and we were all in the living room.

I stood in the kitchen and put my mothers food in bowls to put out on the table. 

"Honey" My mom said. "Calum is here"

I turned and Calum was wearing a black button up with black skinny jeans. He looked extremely exausted. So tired that he didn't even look like he was awake.

I stopped what I was doing and walked to give him a hug. My mom left us alone and Calum hugged me back. He kinda just sat there for a second and didn't say anything to me.

"hey" I said and pulled away. "Are you alright?"

"Just tired..." He said groggily.

"Did you get any sleep while you were doing your work?" I asked.

"No.." He sighed. "i've been up for 60 hours" He chuckled.

"Are you joking?" I scoffed, "why??? You couldn't possible have been doing all your work for 60 hours straight..."

"No, a lot of other things happened too.... I'd rather wait to tell you. It's supposed to be a good night." He told me.

"Calum, you don't have to be here... if you're really tired.. go home." I said. "You're parents aren't doing anything this year for Christmas Eve either?"

"I don't think so.." he sighed.

"Did something happen?" I asked.

"They got in a figh.. it's not a big deal." He shrugged. "Everythings fine now."

"Calum.. are you sure everything is okay?" I asked.

"Yeah" He smiled. "They went to dinner suprisingly and Mali-koa is with her boyfriend. My mom told us that this was the last Christmas we spent apart though." Calum chuckled.

"Good" I nodded.

"Lets go christmas it up."

–––––––––––––––––––––

Calum, dispite his exaustion, was getting along with my family so well. It made me extremely happy. He looked happy and he looked at though he'd been having fun. He sat outside with my younger cousins and he was playing with them. They played multiple rounds of simon says and they children would laugh and laugh at him. They really liked him. 

"Ester" My older cousin called to me. I looked over to see Jeremy on they couch with my mom and uncle. I walked over and sat down next to him.

"Hey Jerry" I smiled and patteted his shoulder.

"So, you guys are together?" Jer asked and ignored my nickname for him. Normally he would comment and laugh at house stupid it is, but he changed the subject.

"Not really.. just a thing as of right now." I explained.

"That's good." Jeremy nodded "I like him. I approve." I nodded and looked over at him.

A spark in me changed the way I felt about him. I now cared more about him than I ever have. I felt that he was going to always be there for me and It was something I only felt with Steven and that was after a few years of being friends. I've never felt this way about anyone else. This was also diffrent from Steven because I actually had feeligns for Calum and he was everything to me. It was scary but I felt at peace with him. I felt that nothing could go wrong with him.

I felt that I loved him.  

––––––––––––––––––––

This story is so close to being over and i'm sososososososo sad :((((

PS I like talking to people so if u want to ask me any questions you might have then message me or whatever! I'd be happy to talk to some of you and what not :))))

I really hope you like this story and I just wanna say a thank you to the people who've been voting and comenting. It really means a lot and I'll be updating again tomorrow! 

Comment/vote/yeah