14 - i have your back

I stayed in all day. I wouldn't nessisarily call what Steven and I had a fight, but I wasn't in any mood to go out. I guess people use sundays as a day to relax anyways. 

Steven's words played through my head and I know I can't stay mad at him because I'll regret it once he leaves, I just dont appriciate how he goes about things. He never tells me about anything. 

My phone started to buzz and I looked at the lit up screen to see Calum had texted me. 

I didn't respond but a few minutes later he texted me again. I opened my phone and read his text.

Calum Hood - 10:56; Hey, what are you doing?

Calum Hood - 11:09; Oh, you might be sleeping.. oops ;) - wanna go get something to eat?

No response. I just set my phone down and locked it. I turned on the TV and stared at it so it looked like I was doing something. I was really just thinking of all the things that just happened to Steven and I until my phone buzzed again. 

Calum Hood - 11:15; You do know you have your read recipts on... right? ;)

You - 11:16; Damn... 

Calum Hood - 11:16; you were ignoring me :(

You - 11:18 - yeah sorry 

Calum Hood - 11:18; are you okay? 

You - 11:19; Not really... :/

Calum Hood - 11:20; I'll be over in five minutes. 

You - 11:22; You don't have to... Really.. 

He was right. Within minutes he was over and knocking on my door. 

His big smiles almost made me forget what had happened.

"Lets watch some movies." He suggested "And then we can completely ignore them and you can talk to me if you want. If not, we can watch the movie."

"Okay" I giggled. 

We sat down and put a movie on and I opened up to him for the first time about everything i've been thinking about Steven. I told him the situation and where Steven would be going soon and I almost started to cry but I didn't want to make a fool of myself. I held it in. He listened through every part of it, adding in his opinion and being honest with me. He responded in the most nessiceiry times and it made me feel so good. Not that Steven wasn't a great listener, I just think I'm a bit biast because I have a crush on him. 

That was one thing I was so suprised about. Not that long ago I was someone who would never talk to anyone except Steven. I wouldn't think about looking at the populars and I wouldn't try to put myself out there. But now i'm hanging out with someone that I admit I have feelings for and I am actually comfortable with him. We're friends.

The movie that was supposed to be a background distraction because the actual distraction. We ended up watching it. It was the mighty ducks Disney movie, one of my favorites. 

"Did you know I used to play hockey" I told him.

"No you didn't" He laughed.

"I really did" I giggled. 

"That's so bad ass" He stated casually. 

"Honey, can you help me brin- Oh, hello I didn't know we had company" My mom walked in. 

"Hi, Mrs. Murphey, i'm Calum Hood. I go to school with Ester." He stood up to shake her hand. I thought back to when he felt awkward that I told Michael my mom liked him. It seemed like Calum was trying to make an impression and I really appreciated it. It showed he really cared.

"Please, Call me Martha." She insisted. 

"okay" He nodded "Did you need help with something?" 

"There are some groceries in the back if you two would.." She asked. She was clearly stressed coming home from the fair. 

"Of course" I agreed. We both got up and there were actually a lot. 

Calum grabbed half because he wanted to look tough and I grabbed as many as I could. I actually grabbed too much and on my way back into the house, I almost dropped some but Calum was there to save them. I'm not sure what would have happened if I did drop them. My mom would have a fit. 

He looked at me in a way that I would never forget. He had a look on his face like 'I have your back and i'm never leaving'

It sounds cheesy but it's a look I never thought I'd get from anyone else but Steven. 

It was actually really nice.