19 - christmas party

It was hard to walk over to him. I wanted to hug him so bad but I wasn't sure if he was okay with that. Instead he hugged me. I then wrapped my arms around his neck and took in his deep scent of cologne that he always wore to special occasions. He wore the same tie he wore for Homecoming and I thought it was cute.

"Where's Kasey?" I asked, hoping she wasn't here.

"She had her own party to go to and I told her it was a tradition to come here.." He said. Behind him, Calum's parents and sister walked in. I never really formally met them, surprisingly.

"Mom, this is Ester Murphy" Calum said. "Ester, this is my mom."

"Hi Mrs. Hood" I smiled. I pushed my hand out for a shake but she went in for a hug.

"Hello there sweetheart" She said, "You can call me Joy"

"It's nice to meet you" I giggled.

"Hi, i'm David" his dad said and pulled out his hand. "And this is our daughter Mali-koa"

"It's nice to meet you." I smiled and shook both their hands.

"I've heard a lot about you!" Joy assured me. "You are a good impression on my son" 

"I'm glad" I laughed and looked at Calum who was blushing. Mali-koa seemed really nice to me and she was beautiful too.

"Well we need to go say hi to Liz, it was nice to meet you dear." She smiled.

"A pleasure" David said. "Merry Christmas"

"Oh, the pleasures all mine." i shrugged and smiled. "And merry Christmas" They wandered off and it was just us two again.

"Sorry about that" Calum laughed.

"It's okay" I giggled. 

"You look.. uh good." Calum said.

"Thanks you look uh good too." I mocked him.

"Jerk" He chuckled. It was back to the way things were for a second before Michael came over and put his arm around me.

"Hey babe" Michael smiled at me and kissed me on the cheek.

"Are you two...?" Calum began to ask but didn't finish the sentence.

"yes." Michael smiled. "couldn't you tell" 

I normally went along with this game but Calum and I were on normal terms for a second and That was ruined by Michael. 

"Hey guys" Luke said with an unenthusiastic tone.

"Hey" I looked over and his hair was slicked back and he wore a suit. I began to laugh at how miserable he looked.

"My mom made me wear this." He sighed.

"Hey guys" Sariah came over and smiled at us. She looked absolutely stunning to me. 

"You both look incredible." I assured them.

"Thank you" They both said in unison. 

"Hey, as soon as Brealin and Ash get here, can we go in the other room? I have some gifts for you all." I said and everyone cheered.

It didn't take long for them to come. Before I knew it everyone was sitting around and opening their gifts.

Sariah was the first to see it. 

"Ester! This is beautiful" she smiled at me. "Thank you" She got up, pushed through the trash and gave me a hug.

"Sick, i'm excited to hear your music Est" Ashton said to me. "Thanks" he smiled.