21 - ashton

Braelin sat in the living room and I had nothing better to do with my life on this Thursday so I walked to her and sat down right next to her, as close as I could without sitting on her.

"You really are something...." Braelin said while still looking on her phone.

"What can I say" I giggled.

"Have you noticed how different you are from the beginning of the year?" B asked.

"No??" I said confused.

"Well you are." She smiled.

"What are you doing today?" I asked, ignoring her statement.

"Ashton's coming over" She shrugged.

"Oh, do you mind if I hang out with you guys or do you want some space.. y'know" I winked.

"No you weirdo" She giggled "Of course you can hang out with us."

"Sweet" I sighed and looked at my phone. I hadn't texted Calum at all today and the last time I saw him was Tuesday nights at the party. It was only one day but even when we were just friends we talked too much it felt like. He told me he had a project due on Friday but I thought that was crazy since it was Christmas Eve. I wasn't sure what class it was for, but it was obviously an AP class or he wouldn't have had to do so much work. I just left him be and let him do his work. 

"Hello" Ashton's voice ran through the house.

"In here" Braelin called out.

"Hey babe" He smiled. "Hey Ester!" 

"Hey Ash!" I said. 

"You all look like you're having fun" He giggled and sat down on the other side of braelin.

"Why are you both so close to me." Braelin laughed.

"Because we love you" I snuggled up to her. Ashton did the same and she laughed.

"Ew, affection. Get it away from me!" Braelin yelled.

"You're such a weirdo!!" Ashton laughed at her. I scooted over and just watched as they cuddled together. I really loved them together and I wanted them to work out. Braelin always found such good guys and I looked up to her for that.

"Hey, where's Calum?" Ashton asked.

"He's at home doing school work." I shrugged.

"Wouldn't it be homework then?" Ashton told me.

"You're dumb." I huffed and he laughed his loud laugh.

"You're both dumb." Braelin giggled.

We sat there in silence for a while and looked at our phones.

"Can we watch a movie or something?" Ashton asked.

"Sure" I nodded.

"I'm so tired" Braelin complained.

"Take a nap" Ashton suggested.

I got up and grabbed a few random movies, one of them was happy feet. It was a favorite of mine and I wanted to watch it.

"We're watching this" I demanded.

"Whatever." Ashton shrugged. 

"So what are you doing for Christmas eve tomorrow?" I asked.

"I'm going to hang out with family and having dinner i'm pretty sure?" I said. 

"That's fun" I nodded. "I know my family's having a dinner and some of my cousins are coming over, but I might do something with Calum too... We haven't really planned anything but we've talked about it a little bit.." I told him.

"So are you guys together?" Ash asked.

"Not officially. But he told me, or I actually overheard him say that he really liked me... it was this whole big thing.." I chuckled.

"And you like him right?" 

"Of course" I giggled "How was that not obvious?" 

"I don't know" Ashton giggled. "I mean I don't really know you that well...."

"That's true.. and why is that?" I asked "I mean I see you enough between brae and the boys..."

"Yeah" He laughed. I looked over at Braelin and she was out cold. She must have worked really early this morning. 

"I feel like we're not going to get rid of each other for a while so might as well become besties right?" Ashton suggester.

"I guess" I laughed at his statement choice.

We started to talk about things we liked and our opinions about things. It was different with anyone else because I told him about things I wouldn't tell the average person. I'm always afraid people will judge me for what I believe or how I think but I knew already that Ashton wasn't like that. He was so open minded and down to earth, something I really liked about him.

I really was getting used to this whole getting to know someone thing. It was quite fun actually because you get to talk about yourself and you get to know yourself more than you thought you did. 

I also learned that I really liked Ashton and I was happy my sister found a good guy for herself.