09 - in front of the camera

After the game, which we won, we went to get some pizza.

Michael finally changed out of his tux and everyone was talking about the scene he made. I felt as though they were talking about me, even though Michael did everything.

I had less than 24 hours to find a dress as well. I wasn't sure what I would do about that.

"Luke, who are you going to homecoming with?" My sister asked as we all took our seats around the table.

"Her name is Sariah" He explained.

"I know Sariah" I said aloud.

"Oh, yeah she told me she hung out with you.. you guys went to the mall?" Luke said to just me.

"You hung out with someone at the mall?" Brealin giggled. "Look at you Est!"

"It's not that big of a deal" I shrugged "She's in yearbook with me."

"What about you Cal?" Michael asked.

"Well, as of now, there's no one I want to ask so I think i'll just go stag." Calum explained.

"That's lame! There's got to be someone!" Ashton encouraged.

"Not anymore" He sighed. "Besides, there's always winter formal and prom. Those are all i'm worried about. I want to go with the perfect girl."

"And that is?" Luke asked.

"I don't know yet" He smiled and looked around the table. He looked at me a little bit longer than everyone else. At least that's what my mind thinks.

We all order out pizzas and by the time we got it we were starving. Everyone was quiet while they ate. That was the most surprising part because the few times I've come here everyone is so loud.

I thought about tonight's events, not just with Michael but with everything I was thinking tonight. Something in me had changed and it's weird. I don't know what I would call it but my mind can't stop playing Calum over and over. It's not something I'm used to.

After we all said our goodbyes, I hugged Calum and walked to Braelin's car with her. Ashton was going to go home with one of the boys.

"So are you excited to go to Homecoming?" She perked up.

"I'm sort of nervous..." I giggled. "I've never been to a school dance"

"You're going to have so much fun!" My sister assured me. "Especially with Michael. He's a good guy."

"Yeah" I agreed.

"You don't sound like you agree with me?" Braelin giggled and took a glance at me. "Whats wrong?"

"Brae, I think I have a crush..." I told her honestly.

"Oh my god, Michael?" She said happily.

"No.." I squinted y eyes.

"Who then?" she tapped on the wheel white her finger.

"Calum.." I blurted out. "Calum Hood."

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

I was by myself this time. I had only a day to get a perfect dress and I didn't need to rely on anyone elses opinion other than mine. 

I looked around and I really couldn't find anything. I wanted to find some kind of blue dress. 

I looked everywhere I could but there was nothing. Finally I walked into this dress store that was in the corner of the mall. I entered and it looked to be a small place but with good items. I saw some that stuck out to me so I grabbed a few.