07 - ditch

After pizza, the next day came faster than it should have. Sleep seemed shorter and the morning was there before I knew it.

Classes were extra annoying today and I couldn't wait to go home. I sat in yearbook and I worked on some of the interviews that I had done.

I honestly couldn't complain anymore. The awkwardness of talking to people was starting to go away. I had talked to so many new people that i'm used to it now. There are even a few people who recomended others that I should get to know. I hated to admit it but Steven and Braelin were right. This opened up a new door for me to meet new people.

As for right now? I'm simply exhausted. I have a lot of homework and I feel more overwhelmed then I should. I've been working hard on our phycology project and i'm working on putting everything together but it seems I just don't have the time.

My head rested on the desk in phycology. I wasn't in the mood to look attentive today. I just didn't have the energy.

"Ester?" Luke asked.

"hhm?" I mumbled into my arm.

"Are you alright?" He chuckled.

"No."

"Wanna ditch?" He asked.

"What?" I shot up and looked at him.

"We have a solid two minutes to decide." He pointed to the clock. "Do you want to leave?"

I looked at him and then to the clock and then back at him. Was he serious?

"One minute" He smirked. I hesitated a second but then grabbed my things.

"Lets go" I smiled.

-----------------------

Luke sat in the driver seat of his car and I sat in the passenger seat.

"Oh my god, i've never done anything like this in my life" I laughed as we sped away from the school.

"Damn Murphy, you need to live more" Luke laughed. I just giggled at his comment. It really was true. I've never really gone and done crazy stuff so this was such a rush for me. I was really doing something out of the familiar place I call my comfort zone.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"There's a place I know of that has some good food, a nice view, and people with a better personality than Mr. Simmons" Luke joked.

"You're just on a roll today aren't you?" I threw my head back and laughed. I really didn't think anyone else noticed that Mr. Sisons' personality was as dead as my great grandma.

"y'know Murphy, you're pretty easy to get along with." He stated.

"Is Murphy a new thing for me now?" I asked.

He just shrugged and kept his eye on the road as we drove. Soon we arrived at the restaurant he was talking about. It was a nice sit down cafe sort of thing that reminded me of movies.

"So what are you thinking?" Luke asked. To my surprise, Luke was acting very normal around me. He didn't seem awkward or uncomfortable. 

"Am I supposed to be thinking anything?" I asked.

"No" He shrugged. "Just trying to make conversation" He laughed. Our so-called conversation was interrupted when the waiter came to us.

"Hey, my name's Jake, i'll me taking your guys orders soon. What would you guys like to drink?" The waiter asked. 

"I'll have a water" I said politely. 

"I'll have a coke" Luke smiled. 

Two hours past and we stayed right where we were. We talked and talked, never running out of things to say. It was nice to be able to talk to someone different. I didn't know that it felt like this to have different friends. It's like a breath of fresh air. I know Steven would be happy for me.