17

It was currently lunch time. Right now, you, Changbin and Seungmin found yourselves seated around the lunch table with Changbin in front of you while the latter sat beside you.

You glanced at the boy in front of you before proceeding to poke on  your food one again.

It had already been a week since the game but your thoughts were still on him.

It was a Friday.
And Friday was y/n and Changbin Walk Home Together day.

And as the two of you were on the way home, it was silent. You  were absent-mindedly walking around, not really minding your surroundings as 

Although you suddenly get snapped back to reality when Changbin pulls your bag back, taking you with it as you stumble towards him in the process, the sounds of a horn and a speeding car  slowly fading in the background.

And in seconds, your face is buried in his chest.

"You idiot! Do you wanna get killed today?!"

You pull away a bit and stare at him only to realize that he was glaring at you.

Maybe it was just you but despite the fact that he was glaring, it was as if there was a soft look on his eyes rather than a harsh one.

You look back to realize that behind you was a busy street and that you almost got hit by a car if it weren't for him

"Sorry I-"

"-What's bothering you? Come on y/n. You've been spacing out this whole damn week"

"It's noth-"

"Did something happen with Jisung?"

Changbin wasn't going to lie.
Of course he noticed the odd change since you watched that game with Jisung. Not only that but he heard about what happened during the game through Seungmin. Although details about what happened after the game were non-existent at the moment since you didn't tell anyone.

And Changbin had been itching to ask you about it but he decided to wait for you to tell him.
Although he couldn't take it anymore. 
That and because he was irritated by the fact that you were so bothered about something.

"It's just-"

You pause for a moment.

And at that moment, as you stared at your best friend, your home, you realized that what's the harm in telling him. It wasn't that you liked him. It was just the fact that he'd been stuck in your head.

You just missed your best friend.

"you"

"What?"

"You've been stuck in my head. I guess... I missed you last week"

Silence fills the air once again and you mentally curse at yourself. Maybe it was a bad idea to be so open about everyth-

"Then let's go"

Before you could even respond or process what Changbin had said, he's already grabbing you by the arm and dragging you off somewhere.

"YAH! SEO CHANGBIN WHERE-"

"You missed me. And I missed you. So let's hangout"

At his words, your body had gone limp and you simply let the guy drag you away as you thought about what he just said.

It was the first time that he directly told you about what he was currently feeling.
And it made your heart skip a beat.

*

"PROM'S COMING UP!" You screamed with joy as you, Changbin and Seungmin sat in your usual positions around the lunch table.

"Who are you gonna ask out? IS HYUNJIN GONNA ASK YOU OUT?" You ask with excited eyes, your last question being for Seungmin. The latter suddenly chokes on his water while Changbin just says:

"I'm not going"

Upon Changbin's words, you avert your attention from Seungmin to the former and furrow your brows at his statement, a pout suddenly forming on your lips, your mood dampened.

"Why not?"

"'Cause prom just isn't my thing"

*

The mood had been a bit off since that conversation but after finishing your lunch, you asked th two boys to accompany you as you got books from your locker for next period.

"You know, one of these days, someone's gonna steal your stuff because of the fact that you never lock that" Changbin says, pertaining to the fact that you never put a lock on your locker.

"It's called what it's called for a reason!"

"Oh please! WHo the fuck would want to steal my school bo-"

As you were speaking, you pulled open the locker door, only to stop short in your sentence when a rose with a note suddenly fell out. All of your eyes go wide.

You slowly pick it up and stare at the rose.

"Who..."

"tch. Maybe it's that stupid player" Changbin mutters, suddenly sounding irritated before adding "I'm heading back to class first"

Little did any of you know though that on the other end of the hallway, Jisung and Hyunjin were heading towards the gym. The two stopping on their tracks when Hyunjin suddenly placed a hand on Jisung's chest and pointed towards your direction.

"Hey Jisung, I think that your girl just got promposed to" 

"Well fuck"

*

"You gave the rose?!" You ask in disbelief, chuckling at the idea that he'd ask you out to prom.

"My sources told me that you aren't dating Jisung or Changbin..." He first says and you chuckle before replying "Well your sources are correct"

"And you seem like a really fun gal... I have no bad intentions or romantic feelings but my parents are forcing me to go to prom... with a date. And I just thought that it'd be fun if it was with you..."

You nod your head as he speaks, a little flattered by the fact that he thought of you as someone who's comfortable to be with.

"...So be my date?"

You pause for a moment, thinking about your answer.

Changbin wasn't going. That and the fact that even if he did, he wouldn't ask you out since he's already always with you. Seungmin would be going although you're sure that it's with Hyunjin. Jisung was also fun to be with but a ton of girls probably already asked him out.

And the guy standing in front of you did seem like a fun person. That and the few times you've talked to him have been pretty okay so far.
So you though: why not?

"Sure"