25

You took a deep breath before walking in the school campus. You were all asked to assemble in your respective classrooms an hour before the graduation ceremony.

Once you entered your classroom, as you were on the way to your seat, you noticed that Changbin wasn't in the room. You shrugged it off, assuming that he was out in the hallway, practicing his speech since he was top one in the batch.

Yup, Changbin didn't sound or look the part but he was actually a very smart and hardworking person.

You took your seat, and just when you were about to plug earphones on, someone occupied the seat beside yours and tapped your shoulder.

"Hey"

Jisung said along with an awkward wave. You placed your phone down and turned to face him.

"Jisung... Hi"

"About yesterda-" He starts. But before he could continue, you held his hand in yours, rubbing small circles at the back of his palm as you spoke.

"-it- it's fine Jisung. Really"

Jisung pauses.
At that moment, his thoughts were a mess.

He didn't know if he was grateful or mad at the fact that you completely disregarded yesterday's events.
How were you so casual after what just almost happened?
How could you act as if he didn't do anything wrong?
How could you just completely ignore his feelings like that?

"Ji-jisung, what- what's wrong with me?" You asked in between sobs.

Jisung's eyes went wide when he heard your broken voice over the other end of line. It was three in the morning and the endless ringing of his phone had woken him up.

"I'm- I'm sorry for calling but I just- Changbin and I- What's wrong with m-"

"-first of all: shut up. You're beautiful and perfect. Second of all: I'm already putting pants on, I'll be there in five"

Which is how you and Han Jisung ended up face to face on your bed. You, Indian-seated and wrapped in a blanket and him kneeling in front of you, resting his weight on one hand which was placed on your right side, his face a few inches from yours.

Jisung didn't remember, nor did he care how you both ended up in that position at such a close proximity. Neither did he remember how it ended up as a stare down, he was too busy memorizing every feature of your face under the glow coming from the moonlight.

"You know..." He began, voice in a hush whisper. 

As he spoke, his other hand slowly cupped your cheek and he leaned in even closer, drowning himself in your dark orbs."...If Changbin can't see how beautiful you are... then he doesn't deserve you. You're perfect y/n. Never doubt that, okay?" 

His dazed eyes slowly shut as he lost all self control and closed the gap between your lips. For a moment, you actually allowed yourself to let the situation happen.

But before he could minimize the distance, reality sunk in and you pulled back.

"Jisung... I- I'm sorry... I can't. I'm vulnerable. You like me. I- I should've never called. I'm sorry"

After you said those words, Jisung got up, said some half-assed comforting words and left.

If Jisung were to be honest, it was not okay.
He was not okay with the whole situation.
Because although it started out as something simple, he did like you. And with how close you two were for the past months, he could probably say that he even loved you.