19

Seungmin was your last dance that night. You two danced your hearts out to the guest band DAY6 before you decided to take prom photos then head out.

Since you and Changbin lived near each other, he volunteered to bring you home, already negotiating with Felix who was grateful because of the fact that the latter still wanted to head to after party while you wanted to call it a night.

Changbin just took a cab to the school. It wasn't that far from your homes so you two decided to have a 'midnight stroll' on the way home. Although before heading out, Changbin had asked if you two could pass by his gym locker.

*

"Here" 

After opening his locker, Changbin threw you his sneakers and a fresh pair of socks.

"What for?"

"You're gonna kill your feet if you walk in those death shoes on the way home"

You chuckle at the nickname that he gave your heels before heading over to the nearest bench, removing your heels, wearing the socks and changing shoes. You stop mid-way though when Changbin takes the shoe that you were just about to put on, kneeling in front of you as he gently grabbed your foot and put it in the shoe.

He did it to both feet before telling you to step on the ground.
And you simply stared as he tied the shoelaces. 

"So I'm Cinderella now?" You ask with a little giggle as you both got up and headed out.

"You're not missing a shoe right?"

"Nope"

"Then no"

*

"Mcdonlads at 2 in the morning in my prom dress? This is my dream!" You say, eyes filled with excitement as you entered the fast food restaurant with Changbin who simply shook his head at your child-like attitude, a smile unknowingly forming on his lips.

"Damn I love you Binnie!" You say with a smile as you eat your nuggets while he took a bite into his burger.

"This isn't the best part of our post-prom hangout so don't get too excited yet"

Your eyes go wide at his words. "There's more?"

"If I remember correctly, back when we were first year, a little someone mentioned that she wanted a midnight swim. And that she wanted to jump in a pool with a gown on"

You chuckle at what Changbin said, memories of your old somewhat cringey self coming back.

"You know me so well"

*

You two sneak into Changbin's house, careful not to wake his parents up before heading out back to where the pool was.

"What if that someone you knew wanted to go skinny dipping instead?" You ask jokingly, wiggling your brows at him as you danced by the edge of the pool. Changbin just rolls his eyes before a mischievous smile is suddenly plastered on his face.

 Then, he pushes you in the pool.
Although before you fall in, you grab his hand and pull him along with you.

"FUCK"

A loud splash follows after and when you're both afloat you laugh your ass off at Changbin's reaction. Little did you know that his thought were far from your little prank at the moment.

Why did you look so mesmerizing as you laughed under the moonlight.

"You should've seen your face Changbin because you looked-"

"-beautiful"

"Im sorry- what?" Your laughter comes to a halt and you furrow your brows, not being able to hear the guy clearly. Your confused face slowly turns into a curious look as your eyes lock with Changbin. And the beauty and innocence that was painted across your features just made Changbin lose all of the composure that he had worked so hard to build up.

"I said you look beautiful" As he speaks, he doesn't break eye contact, making sure that he got his point across.

"Oh"

*

Seeing as it was too late to go home alone, that and the fact that Changbin was too lazy to walk you home since he already overspent all of his energy, he decided to let you stay over.

You both walked up to his room and you headed straight to the bathroom to get out of your wet dress. There was a knock on the door and you opened it to see Changbin handing you fresh clothes. 

"I'll sleep on the couch tonight. If you need anything just tell me"

And with those final words, Changbin headed out of his room.
You paused for a moment.
Usually, you and Changbin would sleep in the same room with one of you on a matress on the ground.
But why did it seem as though there was some different kind of respect or understanding this night? 

You shook your head and decided to leave those thoughts for another time. You took a quick shower before wearing Changbin's oversized clothes and jumping on his bed. Then, you closed your eyes as you tried to sleep.

Although it was pretty hard when, the whole night, all that you could think about were Changbin's words when you were both at the pool.