18

"Why the fuck did they put us in the same table" Changbin muttered to no one in particular as he watched you sway to the beat of the music  with your prom date on the dance floor.

Yes.
It was one of the most awaited nights of the school year.
It was prom night.

Although it was one of the most awaited nights for many, the same couldn't be said for Changbi. He was currently seated in a round table with Jisung, Hyunjin and Seungmin while the occupants of the other seats were currently dances their butts off.

Changbin wasn't supposed to go to prom.
He had zero intentions of doing so.

His original plan for the night was to spend it alone, comfy in his bed as he binge watched his favorite shows.

But as he was already laying in bed, ready with a bowl of popcorn, memories of you persuading him to go suddenly flashed in his head. So did the small, cute pout that formed on your lips. And the way you clung onto his arm and swayed him back and forth as you whined and begged him to go with you. And the way you scrunched your nose at his lack of interest. And- and Changbin paused the show he watching.

"She might not talk to me for a week" He muttered to himself.

Suddenly, his thoughts trailed to when you dragged him out of bed on a lazy Saturday morning to help pick a dress.

"I wonder what she looks like in the dress we picked" He said, talking to himself once again.

"AISH!" Changbin placed the popcorn on his side table before rolling around his bed and messing up his hair in frustration.

Then, he suddenly got up, grabbed his suit from the closet, took a quick shower and fixed up a bit before heading out.

Which is how he ended up seated with Jisung and the others, bored our of his mind as multi-colored lights flashed around the room.

"More importantly, why didn't she choose me to be her prom date?!" Jisung mutters as he sees your date whisper something to you before you giggle.

Changbin qhips his head to Jisung's direction at the latter's words, glaring at the guy.

"You had the intention of asking y/n out?!" He growls.

"Yeah but my damn teammate beat me to it! I should've never left her with him and the team to pee that one lunch time" Jisung said, muttering the last part to himself.

"Felix is a snake-"

"-OKAY! Would the both of you shut up for a minute!" Seungmin suddenly pipes in, interrupting Jisung and catching the two boys' attention.

"I suggest that instead of sulking around all night and getting jealous over Felix who literally just wants to be her friend, you two should just casually ask her for a dance"

"I am NOT jealous of Felix!" The two scream in sync. 

Seungmin's eyes go wide and just as he's about to open his mouth and release another string of complaints, Hyunjin grabs his hand, giving it a small squeeze and silently telling him to calm down.

"You two are hopeles-"

"-Fine" Jisung suddenly says, getting up.

Alarmed, Changbin gets up as well.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm gonna ask her to dance" Jisung says with a shrug.

And Changbin could only stare as Jisung approached you and asked you to dance. Changbin saw you speak to Felix for a moment before you smiled at Jisung and took his hand as he led you around the dance floor.

A slow song suddenly played and Jisung eyes went wide, heat rising up to his cheeks as you put both of your hands around his neck. Slowly, placed his hands on your waist and you two swayed to the beat.

And everything was magical.

Until Jisung spun you around and the next you know, you landed in Felix's arms.

"Aren't I your prom date?" He asks as he glances behind you to see Jisung staring at him in disbelief to which he just smirks at.

He just loved to tease his friend.

"Yeah... sorry"

"No no... It's fine"

The song changes to a lively tune and you and Felix are dancing happily until he spins you around and you land in Jisung's arms again.

"Well hello again princess" He says with a smirk before sticking his tongue out at Felix.

You chuckle at his actions.
You honestly found it funny at first. But the cycle repeated a few times and you were starting to get tired.
And dizzy.

Changbin sighed as he watched the whole thing unfold.

"Aish. She looks miserable" Changbin said to himself. 

Just then, he was just about to converse with Seungmin and Hyunjin  but the two were busy laughing their asses off as they watched. Although as Seungmin's laughter died down, he turned to Changbin, saying "I think you should go save her"

Changbin's eyes go wide at first before he mutters "Tch. She always gets herself into trouble" and gets up.

Upon the next spin, Felix and Jisung reach out at the same time and just when they were about to hold your hand, someone pulls you towards him, ending up with Felix's and Jisung's intertwining with each other.

The two lock eyes for a moment, noses practically touching.

"Fuck"

They say in sync, scrunching their noses at each other before glancing to see who took you.

*

"You forced me to go here. So the least you could do is dance with me" Changbin mumbles, looking anywhere but at you.

You glance at your locked hands, realizing how gentle his grip on them is.
"Thanks for saving my butt back there" You say with a small smile.

Just as you do, the song changes to a slow one once again and you let go of his hands before slowly sliding them from his shoulders until they're wrapped around his neck and flashing him a small smile.

Changbin gets shocked for a moment and he's thankful for the dim lights because his now red face can't be seen.

You gently sway to the song, removing Changbin from his frozen state. He blinks for a moment, eyes trailing to your face. And he takes a moment to admire how peaceful and happy you looked. Eyes shining, a small smile on your face, the lights making you seem ethereal.

He hesitates for a moment but  slowly, Changbin rests his hands on your hips, pulling you a bit closer until you could feel each other's body heat.

"Changbin?" You mutter, leaning your head on his chest as you closed your eyes and drowned yourself in the music. And Changbin's scared that you'd hear how fast his heart is beating but he tries not to think too much about it, covering his nervousness by humming in response.

'I'm scared because my heart hurts in the best kind of way right now'

"y/n what is it?"

You slowly open your eyes and pull back a bit to look Changbin in the eyes. 
The guy standing in front of you was your best friend. Your rock. Your home.
And you didn't want to destroy that home.

You simply shake your head at your own thoughts. What were you just about to say?!

"It's nothing. I really appreciate you coming here tonight"