we are (not) friends

⠀⠀⠀"Eh? Another party?" Yuichiro asked.

⠀⠀⠀Akane hummed, her hands quick and precise as she tided the male's king-sized bed. "It is no surprise that Lady Mitsuba enjoys her parties and continues to have more whenever she feels like it. I envision it is a great way to introduce your new escort— or should I say, your only escort?"

⠀⠀⠀Finishing his final touches for his uniform, the raven-haired male sighed. It wasn't like he didn't want them to meet Mikaela— really, he just didn't want to go out. It is a pain in the ass when Shinoa is there, dragging him around, causing ruckus and trouble for such a high-ranked woman. She is a child in the body of a young adult. In addition, he doesn't know what absurd ideas Mitsuba was thinking of to make her party unforgettable. Last few parties, she managed to get everyone who participated so intoxicated, they fell to the ground as soon as they finished choking down their booze.

⠀⠀⠀Needless to say, the party ended early with many people of royalty sprawled across the grass. It really was unforgettable.

⠀⠀⠀"I can handle another party. Mitsuba wouldn't be happy with me if I declined, anyway. Send the invite back with a stamp saying I'll make it," he ordered gently, still patting at his bed head.

⠀⠀⠀Akane laughs, though it is forced and fake. "It only took you until the afternoon of the party to accept. Not to be rude, but arriving there would be better off than having to handle this invite. I am almost positive sending this back to them today is more impolite than suddenly showing up."

⠀⠀⠀"It's this afternoon?"

⠀⠀⠀"Ah, it comes as no surprise you were not listening when I read this invitation to you. Yes, it is indeed this afternoon."

⠀⠀⠀"In four hours?"

⠀⠀⠀"Indeed, the party begins at noon sharp."

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro groans. He should start listening more. Quietly, he thanks the brunette servant for taking care of his room before ordering her to retrieve Mikaela.

⠀⠀⠀Akane raises a brow. "Where are you going?"

⠀⠀⠀"Mitsuba wants a gift," he grins, exhausted. "She only makes these parties because she wants things in return."

⠀⠀⠀Akane laughs, though she isn't surprised.

⠀⠀⠀"She is titled 'Tokyo's Princess' after all."

⠀⠀⠀Upon arriving at the Sangū's residence, the spark and light of the party was evident. It is taken place within both the dining and ballroom area. As Yuichiro examined the rooms, he found that there were many nobles he did not recognize— though he is sure they recognize him. He's standing a little off from where he strolled through the entrance, his escort, Mikaela, standing securely behind him. He felt a little off. No one else seemed to have brought their escort besides him and a few others. Still, he didn't mind having Mikaela here.

⠀⠀⠀He can't deny he feels protected.

⠀⠀⠀Besides the men who came to the party, the many other women were dressed in large, luxurious dresses only worn for a party such as Mitsuba's. Yuichiro couldn't lie when he thought about how truly beautiful they were on some.

⠀⠀⠀To his left of the dining room was a long, gorgeous wooden table filled with what appeared to be all-you-can-eat pastries and freshly prepared wines. Yuichiro wasn't an alcoholic, so it didn't appeal to him much. Maybe the pastries for later. To his right of the dining room appeared to be where many smaller tables were kept, a white cloth concealing the honey-hued wood, finished with a pot of roses in the center of each table. At this point, with so many parties Mitsuba hosts, he knows he's always going to be impressed.