we are (not) kings

⠀⠀⠀The following morning, Mikaela is the first to awaken from his slumber, blessed to have gotten an extra hour of rest before readying himself for the day. It wasn't as bright out yet— the sun was barely reaching out and above the horizon when he flung the curtains ajar, eyes starved from the sight of a true and beautiful dawn. His chest feels oddly warm in the way his heart seemingly skips a beat, and the only reasonable explanation for it would be that he and his noble were together.

⠀⠀⠀In secret, but nonetheless, together.

⠀⠀⠀According to the lack of movement throughout the household, Mikaela could only assume there was not much to do today. Thankfully, there wasn't. After all that had happened the day before, the male had hoped he could have the entirety of the sunlight to relax and soak up the light.

⠀⠀⠀Once he had gotten dressed, slipping on his uniform and gloves with ease, he quietly closes the door to his room on exit and heads towards his noble's room. On the way, he was able to greet many of the other slaves that so happened to be on the path. As he knocked quietly, hoping Yuichiro would be awake at the time, his inquiries were answered when he heard a soft snore erupt as a response. Mikaela decided there was no harm done in walking in without his noble's permission and strolled in.

⠀⠀⠀It wasn't the first time Mikaela got to watch and examine the way Yuichiro slept— his body straight as a stick as his arms settled neatly on his chest, blanket up to his chin as his lips part slightly, releasing soft and delicate snores. It wasn't like the man to feel so... warm to see such a sight, but it came as no surprise to know his master was the only exception. Slowly, careful not to awaken the raven, Mikaela pushes some hair that managed to frame said male's eyes, smiling slightly once he got to see the beauty of his eyes despite being closed. Suddenly, Yuichiro began to shift, eyelids tight as he moved off of his back and onto his side. After a brief second, exhausted viridescent orbs opened to reveal a now awoken prince.

⠀⠀⠀"M-Mika..." Yuichiro murmurs, slightly surprised to see his servant by his bedside. "Good morning... I'm so happy to see you..."

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela's heart skipped a beat.

⠀⠀⠀"Good morning, Sir Yuu-chan."

⠀⠀⠀At the name, the raven-haired male's cheeks blossomed into a captivating shade of rosy-pinkish red, one that resembled the color of a cherry blossom during its time of bloom. " 'Yuu-chan?' "

⠀⠀⠀"Sir Yuu-chan, you mean," Mikaela nods.

⠀⠀⠀Smile wobbly, Yuichiro can't help but take a brief glance away from his now-lover, forest-green gaze glimmering slightly at the name. "A silly name, indeed, but an acceptable and loved one, at that."

⠀⠀⠀Once Yuichiro, too, had gotten dressed for the day, well over adjusting his tie to perfect it, the two men strolled their way down the long hallways of the castle and down the many staircases in order to enter the kitchen. Immediately, the aroma of what smelled like warm soup pervaded the atmosphere, leaving Yuichiro's mouth to water. Upon entering the dining area, it met with no surprise to see his father settled on the farther end of the long, wooden table, a bowl of soup still steaming and untouched. To Mikaela, the general seemed to not have gotten much sleep the night before.

⠀⠀⠀Nervously, Yuichiro bowed his head towards his father, voice low and trying far too hard to control his quivering tone, "G-Good morning, father."