we are (not) beasts

⠀⠀⠀ Mikaela decided he didn't want to leave immediately. His instincts were telling him that the time wasn't right— his stomach churned each time he thought about doing so. Thus, he stayed.

⠀⠀⠀A month has passed since their last talk about his leaving. Yuichiro was adamant about spending the last of their days and nights together with as much enjoyment as they could. The noble often begged his father for more days off of work and training than usual, and luckily it was granted. Mikaela would sometimes hear the comment about how Yuichiro needed to be more serious if he was going to be ruling the kingdom and that he needed to take responsibility. Oh, little did Guren know.

⠀⠀⠀Day after day, Yuichiro would take him out into the Shopping District where they would roam around, purchasing little, meaningless props and bringing them back to the castle as a memory. Some days, the noble would teach Mikaela how to dance, just as he said he would— and finally, the blond understood the romance in dipping. At first, they received more than enough curious and suspicious glances from the rest of the villagers, but with time, they began to love their presence.

⠀⠀⠀Two men dancing, how peculiar— the prince with his personal slave, at that. But who could say a thing when Yuichiro smiled and laughed so much, spinning and twirling around? No one dared to shatter the happiness their beloved prince had.

⠀⠀⠀Not that Mikaela would let them.

⠀⠀⠀Today was another one of those days. As soon as Mikaela left the darkness of his room, Yuichiro was already standing outside his door, arms behind his back shyly. The embarrassed expression on his cheeks made the slave want to squeeze him with all the love he had.

⠀⠀⠀"Good morning, Mika," Yuichiro smiled.

⠀⠀⠀"Good morning, Yuu-chan."

⠀⠀⠀"Do you want to go to the Districts again?"

⠀⠀⠀"Actually," Mikaela says, closing the door behind him. "I was thinking we could do something different today."

⠀⠀⠀Side by side, they strolled through the halls and down the staircases. Yuichiro gave him a confused glance, head cocked to the side. "What do you mean by different?"

⠀⠀⠀The noble watched as Mikaela stopped him with a gloved hand in front of his chest lightly. They stopped at where the entrance to the kitchen was, the wooden door barely creaked open and allowing the scent of soup and bred to pervade throughout the rest of the kingdom. Yuichiro felt his stomach growl loudly. Mikaela snickered, a light grin on his lips before he disappeared inside. From the other side of the door, Yuichiro could hear the women chirp and squeal happily at the blond's presence; Mikaela's own voice could be heard, too.

⠀⠀⠀Trying to understand what they were saying to one another, the raven pressed his ear upon the wood, hoping to catch a word of what was going on. Suddenly, the door flung ajar, causing Yuichiro to gasp with surprise and fall forward. Glancing upwards, he saw as Mikaela's amused face grew. "Now, what're you doing trying to hear on what the ladies and I are talking about?"

⠀⠀⠀Embarrassed, Yuichiro scrambled back onto his feet, brushing himself off while glancing away and ignoring the blush on his cheeks. "Hmph. Just curious is all."

⠀⠀⠀It didn't take long before Yuichiro noticed. When Mikaela began to walk away, a medium-sized woven basket hung along the inner side of his elbow. At this, the noble blinked twice with even more confusion and quickly caught up with his lover. "Why are you carrying that, Mika?" Yuichiro questioned, eyeing the basket as if it would reveal the contents inside.