we are (not) partners

⠀⠀⠀ Fortunately, Yuichiro was recovering rather quickly. With the intensive care of his personal servant, his palms were healing greatly to the point he could grasp his rapier with little pain or problem. The cuts that were engraved all over his body became scars that would forever exist, but Yuichiro chose to see them as a motivation to get better, more swift or more accurate, in his sword fighting skills.

⠀⠀⠀ Unfortunately, it also meant that Yuichiro had to meet the bordering allies of the other kingdoms to discuss some very, very important matters.

⠀⠀⠀ Guren gave out simple orders to some of the other men that would be with Yuichiro and Mikaela during the journey to the neighboring kingdoms; the orders that the young male did not even care to listen to the details for. With a yawn, eyes droopy with exhaustion, Yuichiro made his way out to the stables where the horses were located, hand quick to grab Mikaela's elbow in signal to follow him.

⠀⠀⠀ The two slipped out without a sound.

⠀⠀⠀ Boots scraping the dusty ground, the raven-haired male and his escort strolled past the many stables occupied with horses— black, brown, hazelnut, white, spotted, plain, short, and tall. Yuichiro could care less about the rest of the horses, for his gaze rested upon his beautiful, golden-maned and well-groomed stallion standing just beyond them. Just by the way Yuichiro lovingly gazed upon her, the more Mikaela found himself beginning to like her, too.

⠀⠀⠀"Her name's Princess," Yuichiro comments with pride, hands on his hips.

⠀⠀⠀ Mikaela stifles a grin at the name. To think a man like his noble would name his horse after such an adorable, common title. "Princess was all you could think of?"

⠀⠀⠀"She's my princess, so she deserves the name."

⠀⠀⠀ With that, Yuichiro took her out of the compacted, dust-infested stables, his hand quick to lightly massage her luscious, illuminative mane. Princess was eager to neigh loudly in response to the touch, and she nuzzles her owner's forearm with affection. Mikaela could hear the marching of the soldier's feet as they, too, made their way to the stables, small and idle chatter uprising amongst themselves. As Yuichiro lead his horse to the exit, he cranes his head slightly behind his shoulder and informs, "You have a horse, too. He's in the corner of the last stable— a little aggressive, kicks a lot, no one ever got to the point of controlling him... but hey, maybe you will be the first."

⠀⠀⠀ Mikaela decides to take the challenge. With fast and confident strides, he manages to make his way to the very last stable, and immediately, his eyes are fixated to an extremely large, muscular sable-hued horse. His mane is ragged, torn and uneven in many spots, scars decorated his very being, and Mikaela was almost positive he was blind in his left eye; it was as if he was abused from an earlier age and left to rot in the corner of the stables.

⠀⠀⠀ Having no time to waste, Mikaela lightly grasps the reins already around the horse's upper area. With a slight tug, he attempts to drag the older, injured animal through the gates but no avail. It just would not budge.

⠀⠀⠀ With a low, threatening neigh, it bucked its head as if demanding it let go of the reins, dark eyes as deep and longing as the abyss narrowing greatly. It shook its body forcefully, truly getting more agitated the longer Mikaela stood still, not at all dropping the restraints in his hands. But maybe that's all he needed to do, the blond realizes, as crazy as it sounds to try and ride an animal without a saddle and reins— but it's what Mikaela does. He removes everything from the horse: saddle, reins, bridge— all and such.