we are (not) allies

⠀⠀⠀The small rays of morning light creeped in through the window of Mikaela's room. For him, it came to no surprise to see the familiar scenery of dawn rising from beyond the kingdom— it got to the point where he relied on the sun to probe him to wake up and start his morning duties. Mikaela did not linger in the comfiness of his sheets, for he was not one to be late, and got dressed within seconds. Upon adjusting the cuffs of his uniform, there was a loud and heart-clenching explosion that erupted from a distance.

⠀⠀⠀ Panic settled in the pocket of his throat as Mikaela whipped his head to graze upon the sudden rise of smoke ascending to the indigo-colored skies. It appeared in one area of the town, but within another moment, a second explosion occurred and left behind another trail of the dark, strong trail of air. The town screeched in terror— the sound scarring their throats unfortunately so, it could be heard all the way from where their kingdom was. The man felt his heart drop as the explosions started to approach the castle, and he raced off to the direction of his noble's room, sword rattling at his side.

⠀⠀⠀ On the way there, it was clear ruckus was evident. The maids huddled near walls, grabbing the plates and silverware close to their chests as if it would protect them from what would come— a hurdling cannonball right through the stone of their home. The soldiers quickly raced to the throne room where Guren was currently settled in, armor clinking together loudly.

⠀⠀⠀ As soon as Mikaela reached the raven's room, Yuichiro was already dressed, his chest heaving and panic displayed clear in his iridescent gaze. They moved to the throne room within seconds, watching as Guren settled upon the throne, not at all dressed in proper combat attire. Upon seeing this, his men desperately screamed at him to get to safety, though he stayed put.

⠀⠀⠀"Only one kingdom has the cannon," Guren states blandly, almost confidently. "I have no reason to fear them; King Crowley would not force an attack on our kingdom with intention to kill."

⠀⠀⠀ Yuichiro narrows his eyes, shoving some soldier aside, "How would you know that, father? After he decided to side with the East Kingdoms, you really think you know him?"

⠀⠀⠀ Guren clicks his tongue, visible annoyance in his violet gaze. "I know more than you, son."

⠀⠀⠀ Mikaela watched at the way his noble's bristled at the comment, his fingers curling into fists at his sides, clenching and unclenching as he fought the urge to fight back. He stayed quiet, his emerald eyes sharp at the sound of more citizens within the town screech. It was then, a loud and forceful bang upon the tall, wooden doors of their kingdom created the atmosphere to stiffen greatly. Yuichiro growled beneath his own breath as he trailed down the long, wool carpet that led to the doorway and pulling at his gloves nervously. The crisp sound of breathing on the other side sent ghastly shivers down his spine, and he almost turned away if it were not for the voice of Crowley erupting his thoughts, "Open up, King Guren. We have no intentions of harm here."

⠀⠀⠀ Yuichiro briefly glances behind his shoulder, connecting eyes with his father to confirm the invite; with a nod from the other king, he removes the large trunk of wood secured across the doors and shoved the infrastructure aside. Still standing at Guren's throne side, Mikaela kept his eyes upon his lover's frame, movements careful and prepared in case there were to be another incursion within the room. Thankfully enough, Crowley and his men sheathed their weapons and turned the cannon down to the ground, signaling a sense of peace.

⠀⠀⠀ Smiling, Crowley cheerfully greets them. "Ah, hello, young soon-to-be-king."

⠀⠀⠀ Hissing, the raven holds back his urge to spit in his face. He bows his head slightly, jade orbs still focused on the other king with caution.