Chapter 7

The next day I go up to Adam, Jeremy, and Jewel.

"I'm going back home." I say and Jewel totally flips out.

"What! But just yesterday you said you weren't going!"

"Yeah well Sierra changed my mind."

"Oh. My. Gosh. Ima kill her! She's sending you away. What does she feel threatened or something by you!"

"No...... actually I'm bringing her with me."

"What!" she totally screams so most of the kids turn around to look at us.

"Shh." I say and she looks around.

"Oh." She gets quieter.

"But what the heck! She's leaving with you do her parents know?"

"No of course not. I'm literally taking her away. She made the decision herself yesterday and told me to make the decision soon. I decided I'm going back and she's coming with me."

"Well if you're going back then you have to take us with you." Then she glances back at the guys.

"Or just me." She says and Adam punches her on the arm.

"No I can't. She knows exactly what she's getting into while you three don't."

"Then tell us!"

"No I can't if I do I don't think you'd be able to handle it. I could tell that she would be able to but not you guys." Jewel gets pouty and turns away and Adam moves to hug me.

"Whatever you decide to do is the right choice no matter what anyone else says." He says and I hug him back.

"Thanks Adam at least I know you're on my side." I let go and look at Jeremy.

"What about you?"

"I'm actually very mad at you right now."

"Wha..." I start to respond but he pulls me to him quickly and kisses me hard. I freeze under his pressure. His arms around my back. Then he lets me go.

"I really like you Dina. I was thinking about telling you today and then you burst out that you're moving back home. To New York! That's really far away."

I come out of my daze to realize that everyone is staring at us. The ones close enough to hear what he's saying are whispering to each other and the rest are gaping at us. My brain slowly starts to work again and I only have one quick solution. So I do just that. I punch Jeremy in the gut run over to Sierra who just walked up and drag her into the school.

"Oh. My. God. You would not. Believe. What just. Happened."