Daddy

"I know, I know. But I really wanna come!" Ashley whined from the other line. "Just don't try anything with me." I giggled. "Fine. But I won't make any promises." I could here him smirk. "I'll see you in a bit." I said happily. "You too." He said before hanging up. "Mommy. Someone's here." She pointed to the door. "Hey!" I said to Kellin who was standing next to Katelynn. Katelynn was holding Copeland in her arms. "Hi. I'm Jessica Phoenix." I shook Katelynn's free hand. "Hello. I'm Katelynn Quinn." She smiled. "Mommy! Don't forget me!!" Iris said jumping up and pulling my shirt down. I chuckled and picked her up. "This is my daughter, Iris Phoenix." I introduced. "She is so pretty. This is my daughter Copeland Quinn." She smiled. "I like your hair." Iris said poking her hair. We both laughed. "Make yourselves at home. I have to go get dressed." I said going to my room.

Halfway through getting dressed my door opened. "Hey." Ashley said. "Hi." I said taking off my shirt. He chuckled. "I see you like care bears." He was talking about my bra. "It was laundry day. Close your eyes." I ordered as I got on a strapless bra. He just watched. "Stop being a stalker." I joked. "Stop being sexy." I teased. I rolled my eyes as I pulled up my stockings. "You look extra nice. Why?" He asked holding my hips. "I have a photo shoot at 9 so I figured why not wear this so I don't have to change." I smiled. He kissed me softly.

We walked out a few minutes later. "Hey." Vic said. I knew he knew I was Mayra. I smiled and we hugged. "Hey. So um, This is my daughter Iris Phoenix." I said as Iris walked in. She smiled. Iris has shoulder length, curly brown hair and big hazel eyes. She looks like me but a lot like Kellin. "Hi." She waved. "I'm Victor. But everybody calls me Vic." He said crouching down to her 2 foot height. "Hi Vicky." She laughed. Vic gave her a playful scowl.

Copeland and Iris were playing outside. Kellin and Vic were drinking with Ashley. And I was standing alone. Katelynn was with Copeland and Iris. I didn't mind being alone. I always am. I

looked up at the sky, it was very blue and had lots of clouds. It was about 2:30 in the afternoon. I sighed slightly as I watched a bird land in front of me. God, I seem like such a loner. My phone starting ringing from the house. I went inside to pick it up.

"Hello?" I asked. "Hey...It's dad." I tensed up as his voice. His sadistic, psycho voice. "I know where you live, Jessica Phoenix, cute name. Oh and Iris is a cutie herself. Photo shoot at 9? Huh. Oh and your boyfriend, Ashley...Looks like a woman. And your band Feenix, needs a little tune up." He said in a sing-song voice. "Iris May Phoenix. She's going to pre-school...Her sitter's supposed to watch her tonight at your place. It's a one story suburbia home. It's very boring for a rock star. Iris, Iris, Iris-" "Don't you fucking come near us!" I whispered. "Why? I like a little fun in games." He said. I groaned. "Stay away from us. I swear that I will have your ass in jail before you can even pull the trigger on your gun. Kill yourself you worthless shit head." I said. "But daddy want's to see his grandkid." He laughed. At this I threw my phone across the room. I walked to my bathroom and went through my drawers. I found my mothers number scribbled onto a piece of paper. I grabbed my spare phone and dialed her number. "Hello?" She asked. "Mom!?" I asked. "Mayra!" She gasped. "I changed my name to Jessica. Listen, I might need to stay with you." I said. "Honey, you can't I'm in the mountains, on a hiking trip with the neighbors." She said. "You don't understand!" I said before i was disconnected. I groaned and then remembered, he could be watching me. As paranoid as that sounds, he could know my exact movements. "Jessica!?" Someone asked. I sat up and wiped my teary eyes. "Yeah?" I asked. "Hey, Iris is asking for you." Katelynn said. I nodded. "Be right there." I nodded. I grabbed my knife, Yes I have a knife, and put it in my boot. It's small but sharp.

"Sorry I was on the phone. My living room connection got shitty for a second." I said with a slight laugh. My nervous were on edge right now. "Iris. Can mommy talk to you." I said. SHe got up and we walked inside. "Listen, mommy needs you to cooperate, I might need to take you with me to the shoot, or have you stay with Kellin and Katelynn tonight...In fact for a few nights." I said. She nodded and skipped off. "Kellin, Vic can I show you something?" I asked. They nodded and followed me to my kitchen. "My dad is out of jail." I started off. "He just called and told me he was after Iris and I. He knows about my band, the photo shoot tonight, he knows about Ashley and how Iris is going to be alone with the sitter tonight." I said. "What?!" Vic said understanding how bad this situation is. "Can Iris stay with you and Katelynn for awhile until I can get her to a safer environment?" I asked. "Yeah, and the sooner or better." He gave a light smile before walking away. "I can stay here with you for a while too." Vic said softly. I nodded. "Great." I walked off to pack some bags for Iris. Katelynn and Kellin walked in. "Mayra, Iris can stay with us as long as you need her too." Katelynn said. I nodded starting to tear up. "Thank you." I said as we hugged. Katelynn was never my best friend, but her doing this for me really, really makes her amazing.