Chapter 3

Three months later
"It's been three months" I complained "the longer we wait the more people go missing"
"Annabeth" Barbara said "we need more info"
"I know" I said "I wish we knew all ready"
"Here is that better?" She asked holding up the sleeve
"Yeah" I said
Bruce got me a dark grey uniform the same style as Percy's which he had fixed and gotten rid of the green so it was blue and gold. Mine had a laurel wreath emblem on the chest. I wore throwing knives on my belt along with my dagger and an electric sword. On gloves although not able to retrieve my weapons was essentially a taser and I had a watch the transformed into a shield and a tracking device. I had torn one of the sleeves on my last mission. Which was really boring.
The city of Gotham had deemed me The Paladin.
"Come on look out the window tell me about that guy on the bench" she gestured
This tended to happen a lot all part of training.
I studied him for a few seconds. Reading people was my specialty.
"He's getting over an addiction." I said as I saw him spit out sunflower seeds "he's married...and he's cheating on his wife."
"Nice" Barbara said
"Hold your applause please" I said
A knock echoed from the door.
"That might be my dad one sec" I opened the door. A man tumbled in.
"Barry?" Barbara asked
"I couldn't go...fast enough" he closed his eyes and collapsed.

"He'll be okay" Barbara said
"We need to get him to the batcave" I said
"I will you go home" she said "plus I need you to see if you can unlock the computer"
"Um that's not" I started "okay I'll see what I find"
"Same time tomorrow?" She asked
"Yep I'll be here" I said
"Don't forget this" she held up the uniform.
"Thanks" I said
I walked home quickly. It was a sunny day about five o'clock. I heard a scuffle In an alley and voices.
"Give us the money" someone shouted
'Time for me to be a hero' I thought.
Put my cowl over my face and pulled out the sword. I looked to make sure the sharp side was good. The other side was Dull so I didn't accidentally kill someone it also had a cover I could put on which I decided to do. With the cover on the electricity was dulled but not stopped.
I surprised the first guy knocking him out in one swing. The other recovered quickly. He kicked the victim one last time before attacking me. He held a bat. And swung aimlessly at me. One of them was well aimed and I it my eye knocking my cowl off. That caught me by surprise and he somehow hit my foot while swinging.
"Okay enough" I said I threw a knife hooking his shirt and pushed him into the wall.
"Bye" I waved at him and hurried out of there pulling off my cowl and compacting my sword in the process.
I frowned as I saw all the cars parked in front of my house. Then I remembered the party...something dawned on me.
'A work party' I thought 'maybe I'll get more info on Cadmus then I thought'