Chapter 32

Barbara found me after about ten minutes. We sat there with only the sound of my crying. After a while I crossed my hands and threw off my gloves. They skidded across the roof landing near the door to the top floor.
"C'mon let's go inside" Barbara said when it started raining.
She hauled me to my feet and led me inside. She grabbed my gloves and offered them to me. I grabbed them and climbed down the stairs.
I calmed down after another ten minutes.
"Are you okay?" She asked
"Yeah" I said quietly
"Do you want to talk about it?"
"No" I whispered "not now"
"Are you sure you're up to doing the mission tonight?"
"Yeah" I said "I just need to blow off some steam. I'll be at the cave"

My tank top was drenched with sweat as I hit the dummy. I knocked it down so I decided it was time for a short break. I walked into the room just beside the combat room. This one Dick had rigged as an acrobatics area.
Percy was there doing combinations of flips and twists. He landed and stumbled towards me. I caught him.
"Thanks" he said
"No problem" I said
I pulled him to his feet. He stood near me smiling goofily. His eyes sparkled.
I shoved him away.
"Seaweed brain" I rolled my eyes
"Wise girl?"
I reached for a rope and pulled myself up. I shimmied up it and stood on the platform. I grabbed the rope on the opposite side and swung to the opposite platform. I jumped from there to the platform below and so on until I was back on the ground.
"Not bad" Percy commented "I could do better"
He was about to jump onto the rope when Dick came in.
"Well I could beat both of you but I don't have time to show off. The speech is starting we need to get to town hall."

I stood in the middle of the crowd in a blue sweatshirt and jeans. In my back pocket was my hat and gloves. Sheathed and hooked on my belt was my dagger. In my front pocket was my compacted sword and in my sweatshirt pocket were my disks. Four in all.
I wasn't paying much attention to the speech only the police. And I was trying to find the undercover officers. I looked at the stage and saw the Mayor staring at me and he slightly nodded his head towards me.
"We have a problem" I muttered into my sleeve "Wally?"
"I'm all set" he said
"Percy?"
"Yep"
"Dick?"
"I'm all set"
"I'm ready Annabeth" Bruce said
"Babs-"
"I'm set" she said
I saw three normally dressed men headed towards me. The undercover officers. I also saw a man and a woman in black suits headed my way.
I stepped back into the crowd drawing them away. Once I was far enough I put on my hat.
The undercover officers looked confused. I went behind one of them and hit them hard. He crumpled to the ground. The other two dove towards me. I jumped away into one of the suit people. She grabbed me my hat flew off. The other one came at me. I kicked up my legs and pushed him back. In the process knocking the one holding me down. I rolled away from her. As she tried to stand I put my gloves on. I threw a disk and it landed on her leg. I clenched my fist. Part of the crowd was rushing towards the middle and I realized it was because Percy was fighting some of the officers.
I tossed a disk at one of them. He fell. I went over and knocked one of them out.
"Wally I think your good to go" Bruce said
"Okay I'm going"
I slipped into the alley and crossed my hands. I grappled over the crowd. I noticed Bruce by the stage and Barbara close behind him. Dick was nowhere to be seen.
I saw a flash and the man on the stage was not Mayor Trevor Smith.
___________________________
For the next book do you guys want more with the Justice league or do you just want the BatFam. Let me know in the comments.