Chapter 23

We hurried out to find so many different boats and even a jet. We looked.
"That one" Percy pointed to an old ship it had a giant mast and three different sails.
"Are you sure" I asked
"Yeah"
We sprinted for it. I jumped onto the deck and looked hopelessly at the tangle of ropes. I heard a shout.
"They have our ship boys" Blackbeard yelled
"Um Percy we might want to hurry" I said
I tried to slow them down with some smoke bombs. Three of them exploded simultaneously at their feet but it only slowed them a little.
"Percy!"
We lurched forward. I looked back and Percy just stood at the wheel doing nothing but steering.
We headed out to the open ocean.

We sailed smoothly. I only had two more smoke bombs because I used three of them and three more were ruined because of the water. I sharpened my knives dagger and sword. I also set up target practice for my disks and knives. The electricity on my sword kept glitching out so it would only work sometimes.
"Percy we're almost to the sirens island" I said
"Okay we can plug our ears with the wax below deck." He said
"I want to hear it" I said
"What" he asked "are you crazy?"
"They say if you live through it you become wiser." I said
"No Annabeth" he said "if anything happens"
"Percy" I begged
"No" he insisted "we need you" he paused "if something happened To you I-i couldn't... Annabeth when you got shot and the wound got infected I..."
He trailed off.
I rubbed my leg where the scar was.
"Please" he said "I-"
"I'll be fine" I said
"Please"
"Okay" I said "I won't"
I wondered why it was such a big deal to him and decided it had something to do with loosing Tyson.
I walked up by Percy.
"Are you okay?" I asked
"Yeah" he said
"I know how it feels to loose someone" I said "first Thalia then-"
"Luke" Percy finished
"I know it's hard loosing Tyson" I said "and your mom before and you chose to save Grover and I over her"
Tears welled up in his eyes
"I promise you this much" I said "you won't loose me on this quest"
I knew there was a big chance I could die but I felt calm.
"I'll get the wax" I said "we're almost there"
We passed slowly. For a few seconds I wanted to pull out the wax when I felt the ship vibrating with the singing. It took nearly thirty minutes for it to stop.  The sky was gloomy and the ship suddenly jolted. Land.
"We're here" Percy said