Chapter 12

"I can't believe I have to do this" I said
"Annabeth you know how to handle yourself" Barbara said "I trust you. You know part of the reason why I offered to train you wasn't just because Bruce couldn't. Your determined the way you charged In with Percy with nothing more than a dagger that's what I call a hero."
We were alone in one of the rooms and I looked around.
"There's another thing that has been bothering me." I said
"What is it?"
"It's June" I said "the reason why I first snuck into her office and found out about Cadmus was because she started acting strange. She suddenly became withdraw even with the boys."
"What are you saying?" She asked
"I think she was taken by Cadmus and is still stuck there." I said "I could be wrong but-"
"You hope your not" she said "for your dad and brothers"
"Yeah"
"You'll get her out if she's in there" Barbara said "and you'd better not do anything stupid"
"Who do you think I am Percy?" I asked
I hugged her.
"Thank you" I said

I got home later that day. I had the intention of getting caught as Annabeth not the Paladin because if I was the Paladin I'd be unmasked and discovered. I waited until it was dark and everyone was at least nearly asleep. I was in a long sleeved shirt and wore my gloves so it seemed like i was taking something. I put on a black ski mask. I opened my door slowly and to the office. I opened the door. The cameras were on so I was set. I opened the computer. I did random combinations waiting for it to send an alarm to someone. A minute later I heard a door open and I heard footsteps getting closer. The door opened a crack and I froze. It opened all the way. I stepped into the light and made it look like I was going to run. Not a word was uttered. June brought up a small tranquilizer gun and shot. Once again the darkness found me.

I opened my eyes and a bright light shone in my eyes. People surrounded me. Surprisingly I wasn't tied up. I tapped my watch three times.
"Again?" I asked
"I didn't expect you" june said "why did it have to be you?"
"Because it was." I said "where am I?"
"Here" june said she handed me a cup of water.
I looked at her. Something was different than before. Her eyes she looked nicer more like she was when we had a family movie night. As long as monsters never attacked.
"Are you okay?" I asked
"I'm fine" she snapped
I looked around. It looked like I was in a lab of some sort. Men and women came and went.
"What are you going to do to me?" I asked
"Well that all depends on what Mrs Luther says." A man said
"I don't think you'll get a chance to ask her" Barbara emerged from the shadows
"It seems your out numbered" a man said
"Well I do have some friends" Dick Bruce and Percy came from behind her followed by Wally and Oliver.
"Still a little out numbered" Oliver said "but I think we can manage"
"Easy" Wally ran at them he was only a blur suddenly he stopped "um guys we have a problem. I kinda can't move."
I went to run but someone grabbed me. I tried to turn to see them but I felt the barrel of a gun against the back of my neck.
"Don't move" it was June. "I'll shoot if you do anything."
"I know you don't want to do this" I said "something happened I don't know what but something did. This isn't you. What about dad and Matthew and Bobby."
"You don't understand" she said
"Maybe not this but I ran away from home when I was seven I hid from monsters and barely survived then I found a home after my friend got turned into a pine tree. I only had luke but he betrayed me. I turned to my mom but she's...too busy so I went to you and my dad. Family that's what matters in the end."
"This is for my family" she whispered
"Please just come with me and we can fix everything" I said
I spun and knocked the gun out of her hand. I ran.
"Get out of here" Percy yelled
I turned back to look at the fight. Someone looked at me. June she held up the gun she'd retrieved. It was aimed at me. Her finger tightened at the trigger. I dove for the ground behind crates just at the gun went off. Felt something hit my leg. My leg felt like it was on fire. I laid there.
"Are you okay" Barbara slid on the ground next to me.
"Y-yeah" I grunted I tried to stand but I fell down again.
"Let's get  you out of here" she said
She helped me to my feet.
"Wally" she said "can you run?"
"Yeah I'm good now"
"Take Annabeth back to Wayne manor Alfred can help there stay with her." Barbara said
"Roger that"
Everything faded as I flew towards the batcave.