Chapter 17

"Well it worked" Percy whispered to me
"Yeah but why couldn't he just hide?" I asked
"Um" Percy paused
"Exactly" I said
Wally stayed in the Hermes cabin that night. I was awake in my bed thinking. Something felt odd about Wally just showing up like that.
I thought about my dad getting that stupid job offer in San Francisco and potentially moving there. I couldn't live that far from camp. Or Gotham what if something happened.  I threw my dagger into the ground. It sounded hollow. I stepped onto the floor quietly. I pulled up my dagger stuck it between the boards and pried it up. It came surprisingly easily. Inside was nothing but a box shape was there indicating it had once been occupied.
I felt around. The dirt was loose so it had been recently taken. I slid the board back over and got in my bed.
I slid my dagger into its sheath and closed my eyes.

I woke up with the sun on my face. I quickly got dressed and walked to Percy's cabin. I knocked on the door and he opened.
"Were taking Wally to Bruce's" I said "like normal people"
"Okay fine" Percy said "go ask Chir-"
"I'll go asked Mr D" i said felling worse than I had last night
I hurried to the Big house. I knocked and Tantalus opened the door.
"Hello sir" I said "I need to see Mr D"
"You can talk to me girl" he said
"Okay sir" I said "we have a family emergency"
"We as in who?" He asked
"Well Percy but it is very important to Me" I said "we wanted to know if we could go to Gotham."
"Ehh" he said "don't get killed. And you have to do extra chores"
I almost argued with him but I decided not to.
"Okay" I said "we'll be back by lunch sir"
"Take your time. And actually go ahead and die." He said
I hurried to Percy's cabin where Tyson was crying.
"Don't leave me alone"
"We have to buddy" Percy said
He saw me and calmed down a little. For some reason he liked me.
"Do you have to leave can I come?" He asked
"Sure" Percy said
"No" I said I was not going anywhere with that thing.
He started crying again.
"Annabeth" Percy pulled me aside "what's your problem?"
"What's my problem?" I asked "he's a monster first chance he'll trick us."
"He's harmless" Percy said
"No" I said "and when he impersonates people that's crazy it's creepy"
"He won't do anything to us"
"No" I said "that's the way cyclops work Percy they make you think they won't do anything then they do. They use the voices of your friends and family to draw you In"
"Fine he'll stay here" Percy said "but he won't be happy"
"Well I figured that"

Argus drove us to Gotham and let us out by the school. We started walking towards Barbara's house because then she could drive us to Wayne manor.
"No running Wally" I said
"Why" he asked
"No point in telling people kid flash I here who knows who's watching" I said
"Why did we tell people back at the camp"
"They won't be able to tell anyone." I said
We were almost to her apartment when i saw a shadow above us. I heard an explosion and saw Barbara grappling by.
I crossed my hands.
"Now can I run?" He asked
"Still no we've got this" I said and I shot my grapple after Barbara

"What are we looking at?" I asked
"A bomb went off near city hall" she said "three men with guns are there breaking into the bank. Our job is to get the mayor and city council men out. The west side is on fire"
But all the offices were in the east. The firefighters could probably stop that but the police are probably spread thin like always.
"What about the people at the bank" I asked
"We've been told to leave that to the police" she said angrily
"What?" I asked "who told us that?"
"I'll tell you later" she said
We made it to city hall where most of the people were out. Barbara went in quickly I was about to follow when I heard a shout.
"Do something" someone said "my husbands in there" she pointed at the bank the police were doing nothing to help them. I closed my eyes and thought for a second. The woman turned. It was June.
My dad was in there.
'Remember your not bulletproof' I reminded myself my leg hurt remembering about the gunshot.
"I don't care" I said out loud
I ran towards the bank. Two men had handguns on the ground next to them they were loading money into a bag. The third man had a rifle. I looked closer and realized it was one shot twenty two rifle. The other two would do more damage but he had the gun in his hand.
I grabbed at disk and threw. It hit his hand and I clenched my fist. He dropped the gun.
"Hey" he yelled at he noticed me
Before he could grab the gun again I rushed him with my sword the cover was on but it would hurt. I hit his arm probably bruising him really badly. I hit him over the the head
The other two had their guns. I froze.
"I know you don't want to shoot" I said "please don't shoot"
I moved my arm down a disk fell into my hand I flipped the other one down.
"Last chance give up" I said
"No chance" one of them said
I threw they landed and both of them dropped their guns. I went towards them when I was grabbed from behind. It was a cop.
"Stay back" he said he pulled me away
"Then at least get their guns away from them" I said going forward again
"I need backup" he said
I yanked free from his grip as one of them reached for his gun. I rushed at him and kicked the gun away then I knocked him I kicked the other gun out of reach.
"Hands in the air" a cop said I turned and I was looking up the barrel of a gun for the second time in a year. "Hands above your head."
I obeyed and put my hands above my head. What was going on?
"Step out into the street" a man yelled
I did and lowered my hands slowly. Barbara was there waiting.
"What in Olympus is happening" I asked
"Let me sort this out" Barbara said
I looked around. I saw a man in a suit and tie the mayor. I blinked and noticed something for a second. His face changed it was the mist at play. Strong mist at that. What has he?
How had I never noticed this before?
"Come on" Barbara said and she grappled I closely followed.

"Okay what is going on" I asked "it's been two days how have things changed this much?"
"Well somehow news got out of our raid on Project Cadmus" Barbara said "but not as Cadmus as their cover go green. The mayor and city council decided to put us under supervision."
"How?" I asked
"Well every time something happens we can only go if they call us in save who they tell us to save."
"And I almost get arrested for stopping gunmen" I said
"Why did you go anyways" she asked
"My dad was in there" I said "the police were doing nothing to get him out"
I paused
"We need to prove Cadmus exists" I said "that will clear us"
"Not A bad idea" Barbara said "but we have no proof"
"Yes we do" I said "I'll figure it out Wally's at Bruce's Percy and I need to get back to camp."