Chapter 18

We got back to camp easily. I told Percy what happened and he told me that Bruce had been angry.
"I've never seen him like this" Percy said
"Barbara was mad" I said "I do have an idea on how to clear our names but it will take a while to get the evidence and witnesses"
"Just do it sooner rather than later" he said
"Also I'm pretty sure the mayor is a monster" I said "gods I sound like you"
"But how could we not see it?" Percy asked "the mist-"
"The mist can distort us too just not as easily as mortals." I said "it has to be pretty strong"
We were stuck on kitchen duty. Which was scrubbing pots and pans with lava. Tyson helped us.
"I had a dream" Percy said "Grover is stuck on this island with a" he gestured towards Tyson. "He asked for me to come."
"Percy you've just help tons" I said
"I have?" He asked
"Yes" I said "I know how we can save camp"
"Tell me" he said "please"
"The Golden Fleece" I said "do you remember the story of Jason and the Argonauts?"
"The movie with the skeletons?" He asked
"The way the fleece came to be was when the two children of Zeus Cadmus and Europa" I said
"Wait like project Cadmus?" Percy asked
"No" I paused "yes Percy I think I know what the goal of Cadmus is."
"Well we kinda know" he said
"Let me finish the story then explain." I said "well Cadmus and Europa were going to get sacrificed so they prayed to Zeus to save them so he sent a flying golden ram to save them. Well Europa fell off and died but that's doesn't matter."
"It probably does to her."
"When Cadmus got to the island he sacrificed the Ram for Zeus and he hung the Golden Fleece on a tree it stopped plagues and drought. That's why Jason wanted it"
"So what's the goal of project Cadmus?"
"To cure the 'plague' of the world" I said
"What plague" he asked
"In their eyes the aliens and abnormalities" I said "we count"
"So the fleece can save camp" he said "it can heal Thalia's tree"
"Yes" I said "we need a quest"

Apollo lead The singalong like usual. The flames which were effective by our mood were gray and low.
"Well that was great" Tantalus said "let's pack up and-"
"Sir" I cut in
"What do you want girl?" He asked
"We have a way to save camp" Percy said
"And what is that"
"A quest" he said "to find the Golden Fleece"
"That's crazy" he said "we're fine"
"We need a quest" the campers started chanting and I smiled
"Fine" Tantalus yelled "we will have a quest. This camper will lead the quest. They have shown an expertise in fighting and leading...Clarisse!"
The ares cabin started chanting.
"Clarisse Clarisse" she stood pride written on her face
"I accept the quest" she said
"It was annabeths idea" Percy protested "my dream."
"He just wants the spotlight again" someone said
"He's had the most experience" I said my cabin backed me up.
Arguments broke out.
"Enough" Tantalus yelled "Clarisse go consult the oracle."