Chapter 27

"One on one" Percy said "unless your scared?"
The soldiers who were about to kill us paused. I fingered an electric disk in my hand. Agrius came up with the most beautiful Pegasus I'd seen. The Pegasus was bucking and kicking though so Agrius was dodging.
"Sir your steed is ready" he said
"I told you last summer you can't beat me in a fight." Luke said Luke was right the odds were not in our favor.
"Yet you keep avoiding one" Percy said "worried your warriors will see you get whipped?"
'This won't end well' I thought
Luke was going to take the fight. I could see it he couldn't show weakness.
"I'll kill you quickly" he said
Luke whistled and one of his men brought a bronze shield forward.
"Luke at least give his a shield" I begged
"Sorry Annabeth you bring you own gear." He said
So the battle began. The odds that Percy would win were like one in thirty. Unless. I reached into my back pocket and grabbed my hat before I could put it on a demigod grabbed my arm.
"I think not" they said it was Chris Rodriguez.
I jerked my hand away but didn't make a move to try again so he took a step back.
Meanwhile Percy forced Luke down with water but that didn't help much. Percy sliced off part of Luke's shield but Luke just dropped to a crouch and jabbed Percy's leg. Percy tried to stand but fell again. I looked around for any exit points all would involve lots of fighting.
"One thing I want you to see before you die" he looked at Oreius who grabbed me and Grover again. "You can have dinner now Oreius bon appetite"
He opened his mouth I looked for any escape. None.
Whish.
I knew that sound anywhere it was an arrow.
Oreius fell to the ground and I stood.
"Ponies" Tyson shouted
Instead of racing towards the centaurs I raced away towards Percy. As I knelt by him Luke made a move for me I threw the disk that was in my hand. It hit his neck. I clenched my fist as hard as I could he fell to the ground. I was getting good at aiming.
"Come on" I said I pulled Percy to his feet.
"Get this-" Luke started I clenched my fist again.
I pulled Percy to the centaurs. A palomino centaur put Percy on his back.
Chiron helped me and Grover onto his back and he yelled.
"Withdraw brethren!"
"You won't get away with this horse man!" Luke yelled I clenched my first one last time.
We rode off into downtown Miami.
"Dude did you see that bear guy?" A centaur asked "he was all like 'whoa I have an arrow in my mouth!'"
"That was awesome head slam!" They charged each other and hit their heads together.
Chiron sighed and set Grover and i down next to Percy.
"I really wish my cousins wouldn't smash their heads together." He said "you three will never cease to amaze me in the situations you get into."
He looked mostly at Percy as he said this.
"You saved us" Percy said
"Well yes I couldn't let you die after you cleared my name" he said dryly
"How did you find us?" I asked
"Advanced planning my dear" he said "I figured you'd wash up at Miami almost everything strange does."
"Gee thanks" Grover said
"No no" Chiron said "I didn't mean... oh, never mind. I am glad to see you my young satyr. The point is iris and I have been friends so I was able eavesdrop on the conversation."
Some centaurs were teaching Tyson how to use a paintball gun.
"So now what?" Percy asked "we just let Luke get away?"
Chiron started treating Percy's wounds.
"Today has been something of a draw. We don't have the strength to take that ship and Luke is not organized enough to pursue us. Nobody won."
"But we got the fleece" I said "Clarisse is one her way back to camp right now"
"You are all true heroes" he said "once Percy is fixed up you must return to half-blood hill the centaurs shall carry you."
"You're coming too?" Percy asked
"Oh yes I'll be relived to get home."
"Annabeth perhaps you and Grover would go supervise Tyson and my cousins before they teach each other too many bad habits?" Chiron said
I looked at him and could tell he needed to talk to Percy about the prophecy.
"Sure Chiron" I said "come on goat boy"
"But I don't like paintball"
"Oh yes you do" I said I pulled him to his hooves and pulled him towards Tyson.
"Hey um Grover I need to tell you something" I said
"What is it" he asked
"I'm serious you can't tell anyone" I said "swear it on the river of Styx"
"I swear it on the river of Styx." He said
"I don't know how much you know after being gone but" I paused and pulled him into an unused tent.
I crossed my gloved hands.
"I'm the Paladin" I said
___________________________
Thanks for reading let me know what you think and give me any suggestions. I'm almost done with this book and I am writing another. If you have any title ideas for the third let me know.