Chapter 31

"Okay so we just need to draw any law enforcement away from the stage. Wally all you need to do is run in and deactivate the masking tech" I said
"How will I deactivate it?" Wally asked
"That's one problem I don't know what the tech is." I sighed "it'll be something that he always has or wears"
"All right can anyone think of anything" Bruce asked
He walked over to the computer.
"Find me all pictures of mayor Trevor Smith in the passed six months."
"Results" the computer said
Pictures flashed across the the screens.
"The tie pin!" Barbara and I said at the same time.
"They're right" Dick said "it's in all of the pictures"
"Are we sure that's it?" Bruce asked
"What else could it be?" I asked
"The ring" Percy said pointing to his hand.
He was right. He was wearing a band in every photo.
"Maybe we're going to be staying for longer than we thought Percy" I said

I opened the door to the house. My dad's car was gone so I assumed he had work. I heard Matthew and Bobby fighting in the kitchen. I walked passed towards my room.
"Hi Annabeth" Bobby said
"Hey" I said
June poked her head out of the doorway she looked at me just looked not glare. I held her gaze. 
She looked away and I opened my door and walked in.
I put my bag down and sat at my desk. I pulled out my hat and stared at it.
I thought back to when my mom came to me at the Hall Of Justice. Who was I supposed to be weary of. Luke? That's a given. Or the mayor? Always have a plan. For what besides I do always have a plan. Usually.
A knock at my door broke my thoughts.
"Who is it?"
"May I come in?" My dad asked
"Yeah" I said
The door opened and he stepped in. He looked tired. His hair was a mess and his shirt was wrinkled. He must've had a big project he was working on besides his battlefield. He hugged me.
"Are you okay?" He asked
"I'm fine" I said "what about you?"
"I just have a big project I'm working on for Go Green" he said
What would they want with a history professor?
"Um I gotta go meet up with Percy" I said
"Okay just be home before ten" he said "and be safe"
"I will"
He walked out and closed the door.
I put my gloves on crossed my hands and grabbed my belt. I heard my door handle jingle. Put my hat on. The door didn't open but someone slipped a piece of paper under the door. I heard footsteps hurry away and the back door close.
I walked over and picked up the paper.
Meet me by city hall. Please.
-Luke
I frowned why would he want to talk?
I jumped out window and after hesitating headed towards city hall.

I stood on a rooftop over looking town square. I saw him walk across into an alley. I jumped across the rooftops and grappled over a big gap. I crossed my hands. Hid my hat in my pocket. I paused before jumping down onto a ledge and flipped down from there. Sticking my landing right in front of him.
"Where'd you learn that?" He asked
"None of your business" I said "what do you want?"
"Listen Annabeth something is coming worse than ever." He said "please just come with me"
He held out his hand. I paused remembering attacking Luke and Thalia. He reached his hand to me pulling me to my feet next to him.
I felt tears spring up in my eyes.
"Luke Please come back to camp-"
"I can't don't you see that" he yelled "the gods are selfish and merciless they'll kill me!"
"Please" I said
"No but you can join me" he said
"No Luke I can't."
"Family Annabeth"
"You tried to kill me and Thalia. You know she was still alive?" I said tears fell
"I didn't know about Thalia" he said "and at least she'd be part of something bigger"
"Family isn't betraying your friends." I said "goodbye Luke"
I grabbed a grapple and shot it to the roof. I crossed my hands and rushed towards Barbara's house. I stopped on top of her apartment complex and fell to my knees crying.