Chapter 22

I closed the thermos. I looked out at sea scanning for any sign of Percy.
"We have to go back for him" I said
"Go ahead Wise girl I'm finishing my quest" Clarisse said
"Fine" I said
I made a sail out of part of the flag that survived. I was alone.
I used used the thermos to get back to the wreckage. I scanned. Nothing.
I looked closer and saw him. He was sinking towards the ocean floor. I kicked off my shoes and dove in. I prayed Poseidon would help. I don't know if it worked but I was pulling him up to the boat.
I checked his pulse and made sure he was breathing. He still had his gloves and belt on and his backpack.
I pushed his wet hair out of his face. He looked so peaceful. I smiled.

I looked down when I heard him try to sit up.
"Rest" I said "you need it"
"Tyson?"
"I'm sorry" I said
He said nothing that made it worse.
"He might have survived fire can't kill him" I said
He nodded but I could tell he didn't believe it.
We didn't have many supplies. We had a bag of ambrosia a bottle of Dr pepper our gloves and belts the bottle of vitamins from Hermes my dagger and riptide.
"We have about twenty four hours to save Grover to stop him from getting married to Polyphemus." I said
"Never trust a Cyclopes" Percy said bitterly
"I was wrong about Tyson" I said "I wish I could tell him"
We were both silent for a few minutes and I stared out at the sea.
"What's Chiron's prophecy." He asked
"Percy I can't tell you"
"I know Chiron promised he wouldn't tell anyone but you didn't"
"Knowledge isn't always a good thing" I said
"The gods are worried about something I'll do when I turn sixteen." He said
"I don't know the full prophecy but it does warn about a child of one of the big three" I said "that's why they made the pact to not have any children. The next child of the big three to reach sixteen will be a very dangerous weapon."
"Why" he asked
"They will choose to save Olympus or destroy it." I said
"That's why Kronos didn't kill me last summer"
"Yes" I nodded "you could be the key"
"What if it's not me in the prophecy" he asked
"It will be if you survive three more years." I said
"Could the prophecy be talking about a Cyclopes." He asked
"No the oracle said half-blood" I said "you're the only living person who it could be"
"Wouldn't it be safer to kill me" he asked
"Yeah"
"Thanks"
"Some gods would like to kill you others are waiting to see how you turn out" I said
Suddenly a seagull landed and dropped leaves in my lap.
"There's land near by" I said

A lady was waiting for us on the shore.
"Hello" she said "welcome"
"Um"
"Is this your first time at the spa?" She asked
We stared at her blankly.
"First time at spa" she said as she wrote on her clipboard.
"An herbal wrap for the young lady and a complete makeover for the gentleman." She said
"A what" Percy asked sounding offended
"I'm sure C.C will want to speak with you before the luau. Follow me"
I looked at Percy. It was probably a trap and we'd have to fight our way out. We were all ready so tired though. And hungry.
"I guess it couldn't hurt" I muttered
We both knew it could and probably would hurt.
We were led through. It was amazing. White marble water statues. Fountains.
"You okay?" I asked Percy "you look pale"
"In fine" he said I could tell he was lying but I decided not to push it.
We went up some stairs and into a room. There was lots of lots of white furniture. In the corner Of the room was a white pet cage but what caught my attention was the loom. She was weaving. Some of the best work I'd seen. Besides my mom. The water in the scene shimmered.
"It's beautiful" I said
The woman who must have been C.C. Looked at me her dark hair was streaked with gold she had green eyes and she wore a silky black dress.
"You appreciate weaving dear?" She asked
"Of course" I said "my mother is-"
I caught myself before I said Athena. I couldn't just go around telling people my mom was the immortal goddess who invented the loom.
She smiled "you have good taste my dear. I'm glad you could come I'm C.C."
She looked us up and down looking at Percy with disappointment.
"Oh you do need help" she said to him
C.C. Looked at the lady with the clipboard. "Hylla take Annabeth on a tour. The clothing needs changing and the hair my goodness."
"What's wrong with my hair?" I asked slightly hurt
"You are lovely but your not showing off yourself or your talents at all. So uh wasted potential."
"Wasted?"
"I'm sure your not happy the way you are no one is. You my dear need to unlock your true self."
I was at a loss for words. Something about the way C.C said it made me want it. "What about Percy"
"He needs my personal attention" she said
"Well I guess" I said
'If it feels too good to be true, it is too good to be true.' Barbara said
I had a bad feeling but I followed hylla anyway. She showed me the different rooms the library was awesome. She chose a white silk dress like C.C.'s. then she washed my hair and braided it with gold. I was uncomfortable. Somehow she even convinced me to let her put makeup on me.  I looked in a mirror.
"This isn't me" I said
Before anyone could stop me I went to C.C.'s room.
"Miss C.C.?" I called
I heard a curse in Ancient Greek which I won't repeat.
I walked in no Percy.
"Where's Percy?" I demand
I heard some squealing in the corner of the room from the guinea pigs.
"Don't worry he's having a treatment." She said "how was your tour?"
"Your library is amazing" I said
"Yes indeed." She said "the best knowledge of the passed three millennia anything you want to study anything you want to be"
"An architect?"
"You my dear have the makings of a sorceress like me" she said
Something clicked I went through all the sorceress' In my head.
"A sorceress?" I asked
"Yes" a flame appeared in her hand. "My mother is Hecate. I know a daughter of Athena when I see one."
I looked around for Percy again and spotted a pile of clothes under the loom.
"Stay with me study with me become a sorceress and become immortal."
"C.C....Circe!" I said
"Yes"
"What did you do with Percy?" I demanded
A guinea pig squealed and I realized.
"He'll be well cared for. In sure the kindergarteners will enjoy him."
I had an idea.
"Just give me a minute to say goodbye" I said
"Of course" she smiled
She left. All the doors and windows locked.
I hurried to the cage.
"Which are you"
All the guinea pigs squealed.  I scanned the room and noticed his clothes again. I hurried to them and felt in the pockets till I found the multivitamins. I opened the lid and grabbed one and ate it.
"Well how fast a minute passes" she said "what have you decided"
"This" I said I pulled out my dagger.
"Really a knife against my magic?" She asked "lets as what will the makeover be? I know a shrew"
Blue fire flew towards me but I just stood my ground. It cleared and I was me.
I jumped forward putting my dagger on circe's neck.
"How 'bout a panther instead?" I asked
"How?" She demanded
I held up the vitamins.
"Curse Hermes!" She shouted
I pulled her to the cage and dumped the rest of the bottle in"
"No" she shouted
All the guinea pigs turned back human thankfully clothed Percy sat there.
"You're Edward Teach son of ares" I said recognizing one
"Aye" he said "but most know me as Blackbeard. Let's get the witch boys"
They chased Circe and her attendants out of the room.
I sheathed my dagger and glare at Percy that idiot. "Thanks" he said "I'm sorry-"
I pulled him into a hug. "I'm glad your not a guinea pig" I said
"Me to" Percy said his face was beet red.
I undid the braids.
"Come on seaweed brain" I said "we have to get out of here"