two

Tonight was the night. Tonight was the night that Ming was going to confess to Wayo.

Even if he had to do it at this shitty fundraiser.

He wasn't happy about that, but he had been thinking about Wayo sitting on his lap at lunch like Kit would do to Forth all day, and he needed that in his life immediately. Today.

He was on the way to pick up Yo, and his hands were jittery. Should he confess before they go and make the fundraiser their first date? No. Definitely not. Yo would hate him. Even if Yo was a sweetheart, the boy had standards and would not like it if a circus was the first 'relationship' thing he did with Ming. Well, to be fair, Ming wouldn't like it either.

Well, what if he confessed after the damned circus? That wouldn't do either. Wayo would probably be tired and he would be upset that he couldn't appreciate it fully. Ming would an earful for that. Jesus, why is confessing so hard? Once he pulled in front of Yo's house, he shot him a text and let his head fall onto his steering wheel. He hated life.

"Ai'Ming!" His head shot up when he heard the yell from his precious best friend. He didn't hate life as much anymore.

//.//

The fundraiser was dumb. So dumb. His friends better be happy that he likes them because he sure could be doing better things right now. Like possibly making out with Wayo.

"This is a weird concept," Wayo analyzed the area, eyebrows furrowed in confusion as the courtyard behind the school suddenly was full of fair attractions.

"I truly don't understand what's happening," Ming agreed, walking beside Wayo as they headed to the big tent on the right side of the yard where Park told them their friends were. The two mainly walked in silence, but it wasn't awkward. Nothing with Wayo was awkward. Ming loved that about him.

Ming loved a lot of things about him. Like his chubby cheeks and cute button nose, his smile that could light up a whole room, his friendly personality. Wayo was truly lovable. Ming loved him so much.

"Guys!" Park yelled, face covered in paint to make it look like he was some type of fish. Ming couldn't quite tell what fish, but he has learned to keep his thoughts quiet over this years. Even if he didn't always use that talent, he figured now would be a good time to refresh it. Park looked worried, and Ming grew anxious. What was happening?

"Okay, so there is a guy. His name is Joss, he's in Science with me and Yo. He has come over here like fifteen times looking for Yo so as much as we appreciate you wasting time and coming here, please leave." Park began to push the two of them away, and while Ming absolutely confused, Wayo's safety meant more to him. He grabbed the other's hand and began to pull him away.

"N'Yo. Just the person I was looking for," Ming stopped in his tracks and tensed. Wayo turned around and acknowledged the other guy. When Ming turned, he wished he had just ran away. Joss was huge. If there was a fight, Ming was sure to go down first. But, if Wayo needed him to fight, fight he would.

"Uh hi P'. Do I know you?" Wayo was as innocent as ever, wide eyes blinking. Joss smiled and Ming glared. Wayo was his. Wayo was his boy and no one was taking him away.

"I'm afraid not, baby boy. My name's Joss." Ming tugged Wayo's hand so the smaller boy was moved closer to him. He quickly wrapped his arms around his waist and rested his head on Yo's shoulder.

"I'm Ming. How do you know my boyfriend exactly?" Ming knew he was lying, all do his friends knew he was bluffing to save Yo from this guy, but Joss didn't know that. Hopefully.

"I wasn't aware this cutie pie had a boyfriend," the look that Joss was giving would usually make Ming panic but this was Wayo, the love of his damn life, and he wasn't letting some pretty boy take him away so easily.

"My baby really is the cutest, huh?" He teased, leaning forward a bit to place a soft kiss right beneath Yo's ear. A no homo kiss, a bromosexual kiss if you will, but Ming wanted it to be yes homo. Make it all of the homo. He looked back to Joss who looked ready to murder and then his focus was locked onto the small pistol in Joss's hands. Fuck. Ming went into overdrive and decided to get Wayo out of that situation as soon as possible. "Sorry, we have to go now. Nice seeing you." He let go of Yo's waist but placed an arm around his shoulders to keep him close and began walking in the opposite direction.

A shot went off. Ming didn't know if anyone was hit but he heard Kit scream and Yo scream and Park curse so he knew something bad happened.

And then the pain came. Ming was shot.