ten

Dating Yo, Ming realized, was like dating a puppy. He was like a human puppy, fully adapting into a clingy, cuddly, very excited boyfriend. Ming didn't complain though. He loved it.

Having Wayo sit on his lap at lunch was a dream he never knew he would achieve. He never knew he would get to sleep next to the smaller boy and wake up to his peaceful face every day. He never knew he would be able to kiss his plump lips whenever he wanted or would be able to hug him. Having Wayo feel the need to always touch him was reassuring. Especially after what happened with Pha.

The older man cried so hard when he apologized to the group. Phana admitted he was wrong and he should have never made the joke in the first place, and that he was sorry. Kit understood, Beam and Forth apologized for yelling, the SutPark couple said they felt guilty for not letting him explain. Ming forgave him almost immediately, knowing that if he wasn't in an overly sensitive mental status that he would have found the joke slightly amusing. Yo, on the other hand, was still skeptical. Of course, he never said that out loud and his body language still screamed "it's okay" but Ming knew he wasn't okay with it. He didn't know how to explain it, but he could just feel it.

His thoughts were just proven when the vampire realized Wayo was more touchy than usual. It wasn't like he wasn't always on Ming, but when Phana was around, he always had one hand on Ming, like he was trying to comfort him. It did its job. He felt calmer and less explosive with Wayo around and his touch always calmed him down. He was grounded when Yo was with him.

But there was one thing that was off.

Ming could feel the other's emotions.

It was only Wayo. Only him. And they didn't have to be near each other for him to just feel him. He could zone out and realize that Wayo was bored out of his mind in class. He could be falling asleep and he would feel that his boyfriend was happy. He would be shopping for blood and he would know that his baby was stressed. It was a bit concerning, but he liked feeling so close, so intimate with Wayo.

He only mentioned it in passing to Suthee while they were buying blood together. Yo felt sad and Ming said they had to hurry.

"You didn't even check your phone though?" Suthee was confused, feeling the urge to press his hand to Ming's forehead to make sure he wasn't sick.

"Oh well, you see... I can... feel his emotions?" Ming chuckled nervously, rubbing his palm on the back of his neck anxiously. Suthee's eyes grew wide, and immediately he asked if he could feel everyone's emotions. Ming shook his head, watching closely to see Suthee's face change from concern into intrigue.

"Okay, so here's the thing. We need to have a family meeting," Suthee spoke, moving to the cashier as quickly as possible to pay for his items, sneaking in a candy bar for his boyfriend. Ming stood still, looking at Suthee like he was crazy.

"Why?" He asked, walking to the cashier and paying before looking at Suthee with apprehension.

"I skipped something when I was talking about vampirism before. I think I kind of need to go over that now," Suthee shrugged, his eyes betraying him as he feigned nonchalance. He didn't look concerned, crimson eyes brightening with intrigue. Ming was very confused. "But first, go make sure your boyfriend is okay."

"Right. Meet you at the place in an hour?" Ming asked, already headed towards the door. Suthee just laughed and nodded and soon Ming was on his way to his baby.

//.//

The surprise that took over his face when he opened the door to see Yo with wet cheeks was genuine. He knew Wayo was sad, he felt it, but he didn't feel it to this level. He gasped, immediately walking into his dorm room that Yo basically started to live in, wrapping the smaller boy into his arms and kicking the door shut with his foot.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He asked, leading the both of them to the bed. Once he sat down, Yo immediately crawled into his lap. Ming held back the urge to coo at how his boyfriend was rarely out of his lap. This wasn't the time for that.

"I don't want to talk about it," Wayo whimpered, rubbing his nose on Ming's shirt. The older boy frowned but didn't question any further, rubbing his hands comfortingly up and down Yo's back.

"Don't leave me," the words were whispered, broken and wet, and Ming's heart shattered. He moved back a little, looking into Yo's eyes and feeling that small part of him that assumed this was just a small break down die. Wayo looked terrified.

"I would never, baby. You're stuck with me now," the vampire tried to joke to alleviate some of the tension in the arm, and thankfully his baby cracked a small smile at it. Ming just brought Yo close to him again, chest pressed against chest, and let Yo just breathe for a second.

"Joss came up to me today. He bragged about killing you. Everything just- it just came down on me again. I was so scared and sad." Wayo finally admitted to what was making him so sad and Ming had never wanted to kill anyone more. For some guy who was determined to take Wayo, he seemed to like making him hurt. Ming just forced himself to calm down. He could kill Joss later, right now his main priority is making Yo happy again.