twenty-three

Ming stood at the altar, the toe of his shoe tapping mutely on the carpet below him. His hands were clasped in front of him and his bottom lip was stuck between his teeth. Five minutes. Five minutes until Wayo would be walking down that aisle. Ming's father stood behind him, a stable hand on the changed vampire's shoulder to ground him.

"This has been the longest five minutes of my life," Ming complained quietly, smiling shyly when his dad snorted.

"Soon, son. Soon."

Soon wasn't soon enough. Ming wanted to kiss his husband, wanted to smear cake in his face and wanted to hear his last name forever be Dechpanya. He wanted to adopt little babies with him. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with him and even if he knew all of that could happen without this ceremony and a marriage license, he wanted it. He wanted to be legally known as Yo's. He wanted the entire world to know that Wayo was no longer available because Wayo was his husband.

He just wished it would happen quicker.

Just as he thought that the music started playing and the doors opened. Kit lead the group, Forth by his side. Beam and Pha followed, Suthee and Park ended the groomsmen parade, and then the attention was turned to the second groom. Everything zoned out around him and all Ming could see was his baby, dressed in all white from head to toe looking absolutely ethereal. Wayo looked like an angel and Ming felt tears form again. He was so overwhelmed with love and happiness that the only way he knew how to release those fears was through tears. Wayo smiled at him, a soft hue of pink coloring his cheeks as the younger made his way to the altar where Ming stood. Ming met Yo and his father at the bottom of the altar and smiled at the older man as he handed Yo off. Ming grabbed the hand he was so familiar with and gave him a bright smile, reflexively bring up the knuckles to press a soft kiss to them.

"You look outstanding," Ming whispered, voice crackly from holding back his tears. Wayo's smile brightened at the same time his blush deepened. Ming's heart jumped when Wayo told him he looked handsome and then the wedding started. Ming didn't notice it, too busy staring at the love of his life to be bothered by it. Wayo had this aura to him, a glow that seemed to light up the room. Ming didn't want to look away from it.

In fact, Ming didn't until Forth elbowed him. Ming had the right to look embarrassed before he said his "I do", breaking into a wide smile when Wayo did the same. The vows were the best part, and while Wayo spoke his, memorized yet still true to his heart among realized he had forgotten his. So when it was his turn, he just said what he was feeling. It seemed to be a good idea because Wayo buzzed with happiness. Ming just smiled bashfully and did as he was asked by the person officiating the wedding, waiting impatiently for the kiss. 

Ming just really liked kissing Wayo. 

The time came and Ming grabbed Wayo by the waist, kissing his husband soundly on the mouth. He kept it quite innocent since they were surrounded by family, but it was enough for now.  He could wait a little bit. He had his entire life for kisses. Because he was married. He was married to Wayo Panitchayasawad - no,  Wayo Dechpanya. The love of his life was his husband. The future he planned out in his head: kids, animals, a big house, all of that could come true because his best friends turned boyfriend turned fiancè was now his husband. 

What a life. 

And to think, this all started because he died at a circus. He was a circus freak, and Wayo loved him anyway. 

Wayo deserved the world. And Ming would try his hardest to give it to him. He would do anything for his husband.