twelve

Having the love of his life sit silently in the car as they drove back to his dorm room was suffocating for Ming. He didn't want any of this to happen but Wayo wouldn't listen to him. He knew the boy was stubborn. Every fight they had when they were friends Ming lost because he didn't have the willpower to fight for hours. Wayo could argue for days if he was given the opportunity to. But Ming couldn't give up this one. He couldn't hurt his baby like that, not right now and not ever.

The minute they pulled into the parking lot of his dorm, he locked the car doors. He needed to get this out, needed to make Wayo listen to him, and if the only way to do that was to explain in the car, then so be it.

"I will never ever regret getting changed. It was a second chance to love you right, a second opportunity to live life the way I wanted. But while I was changing, I regretted everything. It hurt more than getting shot did. It hurt more than dying hurt. It was agonizing. It was horrible. And I know you just want to be with me and I think it's super sweet, but I can't hurt you like that. What if it doesn't work? What if I lose you? I can't. I'm sorry but I can't," Ming spoke before he unlocked the doors and stepped out of the car as soon as he could, quickly walking away.

At times like these, Wayo needed space. He gets explosive when he's mad, but he's such a sweet person he doesn't like yelling at anyone. While he's fighting, he'll avoid contact for a couple hours before he comes back to talk about what was happening. Ming knew he needed space so why was someone pulling on his wrist?

"Ming, baby, look at me," Wayo whispered, voice full of pain. Ming squeezed his eyes shut because he knew, he knew Wayo was hurting because of him. He didn't deserve Wayo. He couldn't make him happy. This was all his fault, this was all his fault.

"Baby, you have to look at me, okay? I'm sorry I didn't let you explain. Please baby, please look at me," Ming heard Wayo beg and he felt the waves of panic taking over his mind. He felt the fear and the worry, the gut-clenching sadness and he opened his eyes to see Wayo on their verge of tears again. Why did he keep making his boyfriend cry?

"I'm sorry," Ming whispered, looking down again as fat tears rolled down his cheeks. Wayo breathed in sharply, and Ming flinched slightly from how broken the other boy sounded. "I'm sorry I can't do it. I'm sorry. I know you want it but I can't. Please don't hate me, please I love you. I love you so much."

"Oh my god," he heard Wayo whisper before he was brought into a tight hug. The touch made the sobs he was trying so hard to hold back rip out of his body, his entire being shaking at how hard he was crying. "Baby, I could never hate you. I was just mad, but I didn't have a right to be. Please stop crying. I'm so sorry."

Ming knew they were in public, and also knew they were probably getting really weird stares from everyone around them, but he didn't care. Wayo did it seemed, because soon the taller boy was being led to their dorm room. Ming didn't look up from the ground even once. Wayo kept a tight grip on his hand but he was too ashamed to even look at the younger boy. He made Yo cry twice today, he didn't deserve affection. 

The door to the dorm opened and soon, Ming was sat on the bed, Wayo sitting beside him. The human was close, but there was obviously some distance. Ming felt horrible. 

"I can't believe I made you think I could hate you. God, I'm such an asshole. I'm so so sorry Ming. I'm so sorry. I should have just let you explain. I should have understood that you had reasons to not want to change me. I'm so sorry I just disregarded your feelings like that. I was selfish and I'm sorry," Wayo whispered, making the sobs that Ming finally calmed return. The vampire didn't say anything, he just placed his head on Yo's shoulder while he cried, listening to the younger gulp thickly a couple times. 

"I want to change. I want to be with you for as long as we possibly can. I want to feel you at all times, I want to be so in love it makes other people jealous. But I can do that as a human too," Wayo whispered, pressing kisses into Ming's dark hair while he cried, his own tears dripping off his face. 

"One day. One day I'll change you. Just let me love you like this first," Ming whispered back, making Yo hum in agreement while the two awkwardly cuddled on the edge of the bed. Ming's back was beginning to protest. He moved his head off the smaller boy's shoulder and grabbed his waist, effectively pulling him to his chest as they fell back into the middle of the bed. Most of Ming's body was still hanging off of the bed, but it was okay. 

"Can I kiss you?" Yo whispered, arms bracketed around Ming's head, smiling softly when the older boy nodded. He pressed a gentle kiss on Ming's lips, pulling back a little before going back in for another. The two shared (mostly) innocent kisses for a while, and Ming felt a little better. His heart still hurt and his eyes stung from crying so hard for so long, but it was okay. He had his baby in his arms and nothing could make him happier. 

//.//

is this happy enough? I tried hahaha