six

"When did you start liking me?" Wayo asked from his place on Ming's bed as the older changed clothes. He didn't really appreciate being covered in his dry blood so the moment he stepped foot in his home, he took a shower. Wayo had insisted to come with, and Ming understood. He did kind of die right in front of him. Once Ming slipped on a new shirt, he sat next to Wayo on his bed. The younger just looked at him expectantly and Ming chuckled.

"I realized I liked you since the second year of high school," Ming replied, laying in his side so he could look at Yo. The knowledge of how long Ming had a crush on him made his face bloom with a pink hue and a shy smile form on his plump lips. "That was when you were so enamored by P'Pha that I didn't think I stood a chance."

"I haven't liked you as long as I liked P', but I fell for you right after we graduated," Wayo admitted, and Ming smiled, playfully pouting.

"Are you meaning to tell me I could have been dating you since we started college?" The older whined, making Wayo slap his arm playfully. Ming scooted closer and boldly put his head in the other's lap, sighing contently when small fingers started to run through his hair.

"Don't you ever leave me again. I can't- I can't live without you Ming." The sound of Wayo's sad voice brought Ming back from his cloud nine and he looked up to see the younger with wet eyes again.

"Baby, please stop crying. Everything is okay now, I promise. I'm okay." Ming panicked, sitting up fully to grab both of Yo's hands and make him focus on that instead of the dark thoughts in his head.

"I know, I know you're okay. But Ming... you died in my arms. I felt you go limp and I saw the color leave your body and I- I can't do that again," The younger's hands trembled as he spoke and Ming felt guilt and shame arise. He couldn't have done anything to stop it, no that was all Joss's doing. Yet, he still felt responsible.

"I'm here now, I promise. I won't ever leave you again, okay? I'm so sorry," Ming felt tears prick his eyes and the pain in his chest grew when a single tear slipped down Yo's cheek. He used his thumb to wipe it away, smiling sadly at the younger before leaning forward to kiss his forehead. The air was tense and sad, but that was to be expected. Wayo sighed and repeated the same actions when a tear of Ming's betrayed him and left his eye.

"I love you so much, Mingkwan." Wayo's voice was still soft, but instead of it being full of sorrow, it was full of adoration. His hand stayed on Ming's cheek and Ming leaned into it like he had before. Those same words made him feel so lucky that this boy, his boy, was the only person he could ever love. He was so thankful that he had Yo in his life.

"I love you so much more, Wayo," Ming repeated Yo's words, leaning forward once more to press a small, soft kiss on the end the other's button nose, relishing in his giggle. The two stayed in silence, connected in all levels, the air no longer tense but full of so much love.

"God, I can't believe I died at a fucking circus." Of course, Ming had to ruin the peace, and Wayo swatted him on the arm for it, but there was no malice in the hit. His eyes were still sad, but it's okay. Ming would fix that.

"I don't really know how to do this. Should we go on dates? Should I just ask you to be my boyfriend?" Ming teased the younger, chuckling at how easily he grew embarrassed. The smile on his face faltered a little when he noticed that Yo's plump bottom lip was in between his teeth. The action was so small, so innocent, and yet it still made Ming's skin feel too hot.

"Don't do that," Ming whispered, gently pulling on the lip with his thumb, fingers splayed across the chubby cheeks. "It makes me want to kiss you."

The room was silent for a minute as the flush Wayo was covered in grew darker and the look on his face grew shyer. He looked down and Ming grew a little flustered, but soon Wayo looked up again and he was all Ming cared about. There was a sparkle in his eye that the older wanted to take a picture of and frame. The younger cleared his throat slightly before making eye contact with Ming.

"No one is saying you can't," he spoke, and Ming didn't need to be told twice. He leaned forward for the third time and placed his lips on Wayo's soft ones. It was simple, sweet and innocent. Ming didn't want to start something he couldn't finish. Their foreheads touched again and Ming rubbed his nose on Yo's in an Eskimo kiss. The giggle that was produced by Yo made Ming feel like he was on top of the world. He felt like a king, and he was lucky enough to have found his queen.