thirteen

Even after the little vent session, Ming still felt guilty. Wayo tried many times to make him understand that even as a human, he adored him. He only wanted to change to feel what Ming felt; to be able to know when the other was happy or sad, to make fun of their friends silently. He wanted that, but he wanted Ming to be comfortable more. Ming tried to understand, but no matter what the younger boy said Ming could still feel that he was disappointed.

It had been a couple days since finding out that they were fated mates, and the excitement was beginning to overtake the fear in Mings mind. He's still scared out of his mind, but the fact that the boy he had loved for a majority of his life was the boy he was supposed to be with made him ecstatic. Wayo was actually the love of his life. He was still petrified of hurting his baby, but it was lessening now that he had time to think about and had Wayo reassure him that he didn't need to be changed immediately made Ming feel like everything was settling into place.

"What if we set a date?" Wayo announced suddenly, head resting on Ming's thigh as he read something on his phone. Their position was one they had come to love, Wayo's head resting on Ming's lap while they sat in a comfortable silence.

"For... marriage?" The vampire asked, looking down with an eyebrow quirked. The human's face flushed pink and he hid his embarrassment in Ming's stomach. The older just chuckled, ruffling the younger's hair gently. Yo cleared his throat and moved back. His face was still a rosy hue, but he looked serious so Ming decided to not joke around anymore. He gestured for his tiny boy to continue, listening intently when he did so.

"As much as I want to marry you, that's not what I meant. I meant, what if we set a date to change me?" Wayo asked, apprehension in his eyes. Ming looked up and thought about it. If they did that, then Ming would have time to prepare himself. He would expect it and would have whatever Wayo needed. It seemed like a good idea.

"That sounds cute. But the real question is, when?" Ming asked, his hand making its way through his boyfriend's soft locks. Yo's eyes closed at the action, a small smile pulling at the corners of his lips. He hummed, moving his body so that the tip of his nose was facing Ming's abdomen. The vampire giggled quietly, love filling every crevice in his heart. Wayo was an angel and he couldn't get enough of him.

"I don't know. All I can think about is marrying you right now," the small boy confessed, and god damn, if Ming wasn't in love with Yo, he would have fallen for him right then and there. The chubby cheeks he loved so much were darkening to a cherry red color, eyes closed with content and a gummy smile appearing on his face. Ming's heart didn't work quite as well as it did but he was sure it was racing. Ming didn't know what to do with himself. He felt so much emotion, so much love, and happiness; he felt like he was flying.

"Your birthday is coming up," he offered gently, knowing that in just a few months his baby would be turning nineteen. Wayo hummed again, nodding slightly. He looked up, an eyebrow lifted similarly to how Ming's was earlier.

"For our wedding or for my changing date?" Wayo asked, his voice teasing and Ming knew it was meant to be a joke, but then his brain took that question and ran with it. He pictured Yo in all white, walking down the aisle towards him, his father handing him off. He saw Kit and Beam crying when they said their vows; he saw Yo shoving cake in his face and giggling when Ming did the same to him. Ming also imagined their wedding night, slow dancing under the moon and stars. It was a joke at the beginning with but it wasn't anymore. Ming was going to marry Wayo.

"Both," slipped out of his mouth before he could stop himself, and he soon faced with a frantic Yo. His big, brown doe eyes were widened, making them look even more childlike, mouth slack with surprise. He honestly looked a little crazy. Ming still found him adorable.

"You want to marry me?" Yo asked, voice breathless. Ming just smiled, both of his hands moving to their usual places on Yo's waist. His fingers found their way under the human's shirt, craving the heat that the younger emitted.

"More than anything. Just imagine your name; Wayo Dechpanya. Has a nice ring to it, right?" Ming flirted, making a surprised noise when Wayo surged forward and captured his lips. The kiss was much more frantic than their usual kisses are, all tongue and teeth. Ming was shocked, but he wasn't going to complain. The two of them shared heavy kisses, slowly transforming them into more romantic and innocent kisses. Wayo pulled away, lips swollen and red and Ming knew he looked the same.

"My dad is going to kill you," the human whispered, making Ming laugh at how absurd and out of place that one sentence seemed, but it was so genuinely Yo. Ming placed one final kiss on his lips before moving his face to Wayo's neck, pressing soft kisses onto the unmarked skin. The younger's breath hitched and Ming went a little crazy at the sound, sucking gently and applying slight pressure with his teeth to make the mark more obvious.

"Dad loves me. We'll be okay."