eighteen

Instead of meeting Yo in the middle somewhere, Ming was taken to the police station to answer some questions. Questioning was now Ming's most hated thing. He had to explain why Joss was trying to kill him and had to go into detail when he said that technically Joss already had. Police men took pictures of the scar left by the bullet on his back and made him prove that he was actually a vampire. The entire experience made him feel like he was being judged and he hated it. He mainly hated it because he couldn't check on Yo.

He was worried out of his mind. He couldn't feel Yo anymore. His emotions were gone in the blink of an eye and Ming was panicking again for the second time in five hours. He was released, giving a quick wai to the officers before he quickly exited the building. Forth was waiting for him, so he quickly ran towards the older man before his knees weakened at the influx of emotion he was feeling. He could feel Yo again, and Yo was feeling a lot of things. He fell to the ground, hands covering his ears in an attempt to dampen how sensitive everything became. He let out a scream of anguish, the feelings all too overwhelming and making him feel over exposed. And then everything was calm.

Familiar arms wrapped around him, and he sighed in relief, body melting into the person that his entire life belonged to. Yo hugged him tight, and Ming relaxed his mind, hands coming up to hold Wayo's. This was different from how they usually held each other, grips tight from anxiety. Wayo was basically pouring with relief, but at the same time he had this residual fear. Ming didn't quite understand.

"Thank god you're okay," the younger whispered, voice shaky as his grip on the vampire tightened. Ming looked up when a hand was placed on his shoulder and he saw Yo's father with tear filled eyes staring down at him. Ming smiled a bit and the father smiled back before moving away. The vampire turned a bit to wrap his arms around the younger who crawled into his hold. The position was awkward but Ming didn't care. He was just happy that Yo was safe. Yo was calmer now, all traces of fear leaving his body. His head was placed on Ming's chest as a sigh left his smaller frame. His muscles relaxed and Ming felt the urge to swaddle him like a baby.

"Joss is in jail, right? No more Joss?" The human asked, big doe eyes staring into Ming's crimson ones. The vampire just smiled, pointy canines peaking from beneath his lips as he nodded. Forth coughed loudly, eyes staring at them expectantly. His green eyes flickered up and Ming knew that Yo's father was staring at them. The hand was back on his shoulder but it was squeezing. Ming had to hold back his whimper of fear when he thought about what the man was going to say.

"Can we not flirt in front of me? Get in the car and I'll take you both home," the man spoke and both freshmen hugged their friend before following closely after the wealthy man. Ming was stopped before he got into the vehicle, and just once glance at the older man showed how upset he was. Ming wanted to cry. That was when he was wrapped into a tight hug. He awkwardly hugged the man back, face contorting into one of confusion.

"Don't ever scare us like that again, I can't lose my new son before I ever got him," the man smiled, patting vampire's cheeks with a soft smile on his face. Ming smiled brightly, before slipping into the car and placing his body next to his fiancé. Yo smiled at him, eyes still a little wet from his tears. Ming grabbed his hand, slipping his long fingers in between Wayo's chubby ones.

"What did I say about flirting in front of me?" Wayo's father joke, making the two younger boys smile with matching blushes take over their cheeks. Wayo squeezed his hand and the car started, the driver being directed to head towards Wayo's dorm now.

//.//

"Welcome home, I guess," the human spoke, hand still in Ming's as the two of them walked into the dorm that hadn't had a human in it for weeks. "Dad is getting someone to get our stuff out of your dorm."

A look around the room made Ming feel welcome. It screamed Yo, from the influx of anime figurines and One Piece books. The bed spread was colorful and still held that bit of childishness that Yo refused to give up. And the shrine that used to be Phana all throughout high school was... him?

"Oh my god! Is that a Mingkwan shrine?!" The vampire exclaimed rushing over to look at all the pictures while the other made sounds of protest. All of the pictures were ones he didn't even know existed but they were obviously all taken by Yo. There was one of just their hands, the ring in the spotlight. "Oh my god! Baby, it's me!"

"Yeah, of course it's you, dumbass," Yo muttered, shuffling up to set himself up next  to Ming who was practically vibrating with happiness. The vampire's head snapped to Yo, hands quickly coming up to hold his chubby face. Yo's lips were squished out from the action, eyebrows furrowed. Ming leaned forward quickly and placed a kiss on the puffed out lips.

"I love you so much," the vampire spoke, before he moved his hands to Yo's waist and then travelled to below his thighs. He picked up the younger boy and gently threw him on the bed. The human giggled and Ming's heart raced. "I love you more than you know."

"I love you so much too, babe!"